• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

Sorry to hear about Jax. That's good news that the recovery should be pretty quick and will take care of the original problem with the infection. Dogs are amazing in how they recover and adapt so much better and faster than people. I hope he's feeling better soon and getting along with his new geometry.

I bet Jax can still beat me in a race! Jax turned on the charm and won over the Vet, he has a way of doing that. Great dog that everyone falls in love with when they meet him. Speedy recovery Jax.

just got home from visiting Jax. they had him up & walking (with the nurses help holding his harness handles) a few times today. they said he is doing great & his appetite is good, he scarfed up a couple bowls of chicken & a jar of baby food. we can bring him home tomorrow! it is going to take us a while to get used to seeing him with only 3 legs, but as long as he is not in any more pain it will all be worth it.
thank you all so very much for your generous donations towards his enormous vet bills as well as the kind words, thoughts, & prayers. it really means so much more than words can say to Diane & I.

Sent you some money, Tim. Unfortunate for him to lose a leg, but if it means a new life then that is what counts.

Johnnie Walker, Thank you very much!

Jax is now home & sitting on his bed right behind me.
He is doing ok all things considered. He is learning how to pee without lifting a leg, but he does need our help to get up to walk. I think this is tougher on Diane & I than it is for him. This is very emotionally draining for us. We feel so sad for him, but he seems to be doing surprisingly well.

The vet called thursday with devastating news.
They found bone cancer in the amputated leg.
She said it is almost certainly already traveling throughout his body.
His next visit is this friday to discuss how to proceed.
I feel so helpless & sad for my friend.

Dude... Tim I am so sorry to hear that. Jax is one of my favorite dogs I have ever met. Really really sorry brother.

Tim I am so sorry to hear the bad news. I can't imagine how terrible that must feel. I'll send some prayers your way.

Sorry to hear the news, Tim. That's very unfortunate after everything Jax and yourselves have gone through already. I hope that Jax is at least still recovering well and feeling better from the last surgery. We're hoping for the best and send our wishes your way.

New guy here, don't know you or Jax but I can tell by all the comments how special your relationship is. I've been through a similar experience with my Caesar about 5 years ago. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Huge thanks to Tim and his fun factory had a hell of a time fabbing and gettin dirty yesterday. Jax looks happy and I think his owner is too. Wouldn't have been able to do this by myself. We worked into the night and it did take a lot longer than I thought. Couple pics of the fun.
7FDE2CD6-49D7-4792-A0A3-F0D137E5912D-1018-0000009EAF8C95F8_zpse45fdbf5.jpg
AF629B13-26F4-43BA-B868-5575F3AA9B1F-1018-0000009EA32342EE_zps2cc2769b.jpg

86449F5F-2DB6-4E87-938D-E5F9BEE3A60A-1372-000000D10A6119A3_zpsc44c2622.jpg

Jax was sporting a NAXJA t-shirt...although he pissed all over it this morning cause it covered his dogie junk....

Jax crossed the rainbow bridge today.
He is no longer in pain.
He was my best friend & my life will not be the same without him.
RIP Jax

052611_0319_edited-1.jpg

052611_0309_edited-1.jpg

100_1432_edited-1.jpg

Jax was the coolest dog I ever met. He was goofy, laid back, would lean against anyone he could, and chase sparks off the grinder any time you built something. It was obvious that he thought you were a kick-ass buddy too. I know he appreciates you fighting for him right up until the end. Sorry it's gonna hurt for awhile.

Back