• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

Jax made it through the surgery. they found a hole in his bladder, patched it, & drained all the excess urine & fluids from his abdominal cavity. he is in recovery now.
the dr. was very pleased that they quickly found the hole & said the repair went well.
i'll make my daily visit this afternoon to hang out with my friend.

How did he get a hole in his bladder? :confused:

We are so glad to hear Jax is doing so well, considering all he has been through, and will continue to send prayers and well wishes his way.

Give his a scratch from us.

got to hang out with Jax for a couple hours today & he was doing much better.
the swelling is down his shoulder & on 3 out of 4 legs.
they removed the feeding tube through his nose & installed a larger tube directly into his neck. (said it can stay there for over a year if needed...yikes!)
they got him to walk a little bit this morning outside which is great.
i got him to sit up a bit & eat some canned food & chicken along with a bowl of water.
they are going to remove the catheter tomorrow & see if he will pee outside, which will be a huge step in the right direction. he is running a slight fever & coughed once so they immediately gave him antibiotics to make sure he does not get pneumonia.
hopefully he will have a good restful nights sleep & we can visit him again tomorrow.
pretty sure the bill is now north of 20k but Jax is worth every penny to me. his doggie insurance will cover the first 5k of the bills, but that is still a hefty visa bill for me.

Glad to hear the second surgery went well. Crystal, Roxy (our pooch), and I send our best to Jax, Diane, and yourself. We are all hoping for a speedy recovery!

Jax says, "Bitches dig scars, right?

The dr. called us tonight & said Jax was doing much better. He ate some food & they took him for a short assisted walk outside. :yelclap:
While that may not sound like much, it is a huge improvement from last week when they were discussing amputating his leg.
It sounds like my little buddy is finally making some progress! party1:

Jax19-28-13_zpsd93d9c83.jpg

Jax39-28-13_zps0f22880f.jpg

Jax59-28-13_zpsd75e3642.jpg

this is why i love this guy, he is such a goofball. this is how he wanted to eat lunch in the motor home one day.
i cant wait till he can come home.
not sure if he will ever be strong enough to ride in the back of the jeep again though.

052611_0309_edited-1.jpg

That is really great to hear Tim. With scars like that tho, you may have to nick name him "Frankendog". From the looks of the pic's, I'd say he's got the "I'll just lay here and chill" down to a science. :D

Looking gnarly! Will make for a good Halloween look. But that's a good progress report!

JAX IS HOME NOW!!!!! party1::yelclap:party1::yelclap:party1:

Diane & my mom picked him up this morning!
he is doing MUCH better today.
no more drain tubes or iv tubes. the only tube is a feeding tube in his neck that will be there for a while. he can walk but needs a bit of help to get started & steady himself.
i can't wait to get home tonight & hang out with my little buddy! :yelclap:

OMG thats great news Tim, glad to hear the fuzzy guy feels better !

Bbt_celebration-gif_medium.gif

:party: Great news Tim. Way to go Jax!

so i have been selling stuff like a madman on craigslist.
i got rid of my backhoe skid steer attachment, yerf-dog go cart, yerf-dog off road bike, zj disc brakes, 4 dodge tires & wheels, 4 polaris tires & wheels, 110v mig welder, 7-16' wide farm gates.
made about $4,500, but still need to cough up close to $15,000 more to pay for Jax's vet bills! ouch!

My little buddy is doing much better though. he is eating close to normally, still drinking a ton of water, & has a gnarly bad limp, but his eyes are bright & he is full of love so it was worth every penny to save his life again. (he is a rescue, & was on death row at the pound. they do not save rotties. my wife Diane got word that he was going to be put down, raced to the shelter, grabbed him, & loaded him up before they could stop her).
he is one lucky dog!

Glad to hear jax is recovering well!

Back