• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

Time for recovery points, it's only a matter of time.

It sounds like a trip back to JV is in your future. That thing would be so much fun down there.

yeah, i sold the front bumper & have the rear for sale still.
i plan to build some tube bumpers before it hits the trails hard.
need to mount both the winches as well.

the fun factory will be open this saturday if anyone wants to stop by, hang out, or work on their junk. one of the guys in my club wants to install a lift on his rig so we will be working on that plus some other stuff. the gate will open at 8:00 & i tend to work til around 8:00 pm or so...

Tim,

Rig looks great, I have the same setup and I was wondering if you plan on chopping your front end? I might have stretched mine farther then yours, but I rubbed at full lock, so the stock lights had to go.

here is the diagram

mail.jpg

Love it! :roflmao:

Not sure if something like this would help with clearance in the front. I had remembered seeing a writeup in advanced fab when these were designed and was just thinking you could probably do something similar.

http://www.tntcustoms.com/Jeep_Cherokee_XJ/High_Clearance_Inner_Fender_Panels.aspx

BTW - Why is this all the back on page 3? Moar hackin' and fabbin', please! ;)

good idea, i think i can fab up a couple of those panels as i run a sheet metal company for a living. :wave1:
i need to shoot some pics of the progress on the rear wheel tubs. i rolled up a set out of 18 gage steel & welded them in place. i still need to finish the outside edges though, possibly with some rolled 1/2" solid bar. who knows, i make this shit up as i go along. :laugh2:

finally got sum pix of the rear wheel tubs. they fit pretty good so far, but i need to finish up the edges.

100_1802_edited-1.jpg

100_1803_edited-1.jpg

100_1804_edited-1.jpg

100_1805_edited-1.jpg

100_1806_edited-1.jpg

Wow, just got through reading this blog (yes in its entirety). That is a really cool build, and looks very clean. I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for when the fun factory is open and head down there to help out / learn a thing or five. Keep up the good work!

Very clean! Are you planning on sealing up around the shocks somehow to keep water, mud, or squirrels out?

Very clean! Are you planning on sealing up around the shocks somehow to keep water, mud, or squirrels out?

yes, i'll fab up some kind of rubber bellows to try & seal it a bit.

What kind of chevy mount did you use for your tranny crossmember?

what about some sheet metal around them?

What about some that bolt On and use silicone around the edges. That way they are solid and wont leak in dust, believe me when i cut my lower quaters i never finished them and when i would go On any dirt i would Get dusted out. With the bolts they are removable and the silicone seals them up to yhe body. Believe me its a pain in the ass to weld sh** in place and then have to work On ot later to only find out that the hot wrench has got to come out. Just my 2 cents

What about some that bolt On and use silicone around the edges. That way they are solid and wont leak in dust, believe me when i cut my lower quaters i never finished them and when i would go On any dirt i would Get dusted out. With the bolts they are removable and the silicone seals them up to yhe body. Believe me its a pain in the ass to weld sh** in place and then have to work On ot later to only find out that the hot wrench has got to come out. Just my 2 cents

This would be nice and probably easy...Close in the the gap between the wheel wells and the hoop, then make an access plate on the backside of the hoop, that way you can easily charge those struts.

Very nice Tim.

that all seems like a lot of work, i would just try and seal it up with some neoprene wet suit material and liquid nails. Worked great for my shock holes going through rear floor. Unbolt top of shock, cut small slit in neoprene, slide/stretch cut over top of shock and cut rest of material to fit around your current hole.

I just like to make thinvs look and perform like a professional did it and not half ass anything.

that all seems like a lot of work, i would just try and seal it up with some neoprene wet suit material and liquid nails. Worked great for my shock holes going through rear floor. Unbolt top of shock, cut small slit in neoprene, slide/stretch cut over top of shock and cut rest of material to fit around your current hole.

this is what i was thinking as well since i need access to the top bolt & nitrogen charging valve. also, they move in & out a fair amount as the axle travels through its arc. (they are 14" stroke struts)

Back