• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

i'm back from 11 days goofing around in oregon. did some fishing, setup some grading & road building work to be done on one of my properties, & wheeled with the northwest chapter guys at their tsf noobfest run. great guys (& girls) to wheel & camp out with & awesome scenery in tillamook forest. some hairy trails with huge rocks. i cant wait to take the red p.o.s. up there & beat it up. i did bang up a door on the green heep & totally destroyed my front arb. i need to see if i can get a replacement housing for it or if i am stuck buying a whole new unit.

You busted up another door on the green one - remember when that was your "nice" Jeep?

I think you can buy spare ARB parts - give them a holler and put down some cash. Did the gears hold up or are they trash too?

You busted up another door on the green one - remember when that was your "nice" Jeep?

I think you can buy spare ARB parts - give them a holler and put down some cash. Did the gears hold up or are they trash too?

not another door, but much more to the same door. :bawl:

i'll contact national drivetrain tomorrow (i got the arb, gears, & axles from them, they rule). hopefully i can fix it for cheap as i am massively bux down right now after paying Bruno's vet bills, vacation costs, & the grading work.

i'm back from 11 days goofing around in oregon. did some fishing, setup some grading & road building work to be done on one of my properties, & wheeled with the northwest chapter guys at their tsf noobfest run. great guys (& girls) to wheel & camp out with & awesome scenery in tillamook forest. some hairy trails with huge rocks. i cant wait to take the red p.o.s. up there & beat it up. i did bang up a door on the green heep & totally destroyed my front arb. i need to see if i can get a replacement housing for it or if i am stuck buying a whole new unit.

Any Pics??? I know I'm not the only that would like to see some of the adventure. Also interested to see what they have for trails/obsticales.

Man I miss those Oregon trails. Most of my "wheeling" growing up was just to get from point A to point B while hunting. But my brother and I spent many hours out there on our dirt bikes running the power line roads and any other trail or road we could find. I would love to get my heep up there to do some wheeling again.

those trails look damn fun i need to come up there and visit Jason and go riding up there. So damn cool up there.

Come on up Jon and bring Tim up again, just let me know when. Do you want to come up for the snow, mud, dust, or we could do sand, however Tim wouldnt come for that he doesnt like sand in his vagina.
246.jpg

Come on up Jon and bring Tim up again, just let me know when. Do you want to come up for the snow, mud, dust, or we could do sand, however Tim wouldnt come for that he doesnt like sand in his vagina.
246.jpg

i bought a 2009 polaris rzr while i was up there in cottage grove.
if i can get some paddle tires for it i could loose my fear of sand. :wave:

Sweeeet good for you Tim, thats great news. I guess you found some hidden money.
All I have to say is Craigslist, I bought a set of paddle tires with wheels for 200.00 bucks. Under twice what they would have probably cost new. And bring Jon with you, we have 2 extra rooms, or if our freinds still have there 18 acres on the sand you could probably park you Freightliner over there. You could then drive your Razor right onto our property...

Well Tim, once you start to get over your fear of sand you can hit up either the Oregon Dunes down by Florence or Sand Lake just south of Tillimook. I haven't been out to either one for many years, but both were great places to play in the sand 30 years ago and had stuff from easy cruisin (a Jeep Compass wouldn't have a problem kind of easy!) to big, steep dunes to play on.

the fun factory will be open tomorrow if anyone wants to stop by & work on anything or just hang out.

Count me in! I try not to miss days at the Fun Factory. Taco Bell for everyone!

been a while so here is an update:
picked up the rzr & attacked the dunes at winchester bay oregon. that thing is a blast & a half. should have bought one years ago when i was first looking at them.

i finally got the green heep fixed, i broke the front arb case in half. they covered the case under warranty & sent me a new shell. i rebuilt the guts & reset the gears & did some welding on the housing that i had been meaning to do for a while. pulled the t&t crossmember off & pressed the 3/4" bow out of it, cleaned &re lubbed all the joints & reassembled everything, so green heep is back up & running.

red heep update:
i finally cut & folded the front fenders & cut up the grill assembly to clear the tires when turned & fully bumped. had to build a new battery tray, cut, & patch both front corners. looks like they will clear the front now. still need to cut & patch the floor where your feet sit to clear the tires when turned & bumped. fun! still an assload of work to do to get it ready for sierrafest! :rattle:

100_1989_edited-1.jpg

100_1988_edited-1.jpg

100_1987_edited-1.jpg

100_1986_edited-1.jpg

100_1985_edited-1.jpg

100_1984_edited-1.jpg

thing looks good.

my buddy ronnie & i built the exhaust system tonight. that was fun! it took about 11 sections of tube & elbows to snake it around everything & stay out of the way of the suspension links. just need to make up some mounting hangers tomorrow night then it is on to the next project on the red heep. the clock is ticking fast for sierrafest!

Back