• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

Hey Tim. Sorry to hear about Bruno's stomach troubles, but I'm glad to hear he's recovering. That totally blows that it was a reaction to medication, how crazy! He's a great dog and I'm sure that killed you guys having to see him in pain. Hope he gets better soon. Your POS XJ (red or green) can always wait for you to reduce their resale value. :eeks1:

Bruno is healing up nicely. i think he gets his stitches removed tomorrow.
i did get thered p.o.s. running again finally & drove it around the yard a bit.
still need to bleed the brakes & fab up the exhaust.
i got a new gear set for the green xj to replace the nuked set. all the ring bolts were finger tight. the arb has 2 broken bolts in it as well so i need to remove the broken stubs. fun!

the fun factory will be open tomorrow & sunday if anyone wants to stop by & work on their junk or just hang out.

I'll be by on Sat. I'll help you bleed the brakes, then I plan to get my roof rack out of your yard.

Dam Tim that sucks, I'm glade Bruno is okay. I would do the same thing for my dogs, there the closest things to kids I will ever have. RedJeep looks good.

josh & i got the brakes bled saturday so i was able to finally drive the red p.o.s. out of my shop under its own power!
looks like i have a leaky rear tranny seal though which sux donky balls. to get to it i need to pull the rear crossmember, 4 links, an assload of shifters, 2 driveshafts, & the atlas 4 speed which almost weighs more than i do! crap! might be easier to just add fluid when it leaks out instead!

josh & i got the brakes bled saturday so i was able to finally drive the red p.o.s. out of my shop under its own power!
looks like i have a leaky rear tranny seal though which sux donky balls. to get to it i need to pull the rear crossmember, 4 links, an assload of shifters, 2 driveshafts, & the atlas 4 speed which almost weighs more than i do! crap! might be easier to just add fluid when it leaks out instead!

That sucks! If ya were closer I'd come help.

here is the diagram

mail.jpg

i think according to the above engineering diagram you might need more duct tape?

sum pics, it really did move under it's own power...
120417_0572_edited-1.jpg

120417_0568_edited-1.jpg

120417_0567_edited-1.jpg

120417_0566_edited-1.jpg

some pics of the fuel tank & hose mess. it worked out pretty good. gained 8.5" of
ground clearance & the skid under the tank is 3/16" steel plate mounted flush to the
bottom of the frame rails.
120417_0571_edited-1.jpg

120417_0570_edited-1.jpg

120417_0569_edited-1.jpg

100_1534_edited-1.jpg

Tim, That rig looks so sweet! I cant wait to see that thing in person. You are going to make my 35's look so small! lol

If HotWheels made a cool XJ model, this would be it.

Are you going to replace the rear passenger door? Looks like the tires are contacting the uni frame at full lock, sucks I had that problem and needed to shim the steering stops. A little wheel spacer could help.

yeah, i think i need a door. i tried removing the door panel & pushing the dent out but it is a no-go.
i don't want to run wheel spacers as this beast hardly fits on my trailer now. any wider & it wont fit.
i need to do some serious cutting to the front fenders & inner fenders for clearance. time to get the sawzall out again! :skull1:

Back