• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keeping A Low Center of Gravity.

Raising the uppers may be a poor choice, just make sure they will clear the oil pan / exhaust / tranny cooler lines if you do. Raising the lowers is a good idea, but think it through first so you don't butcher the coil mounts.

i made the lowers flush with the axle tube. my uca mount is a little higher than stock, and a little offset to clear the oil pan. (i am running a 3 link with the upper on the passenger side)

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 to 5 inches lift and 37" tires... 10" wide wheels w/ DYI homebrew weld on beads....

1127101323.jpg

1127101323a.jpg

Raising the uppers may be a poor choice, just make sure they will clear the oil pan / exhaust / tranny cooler lines if you do. Raising the lowers is a good idea, but think it through first so you don't butcher the coil mounts.

wouldnt raising just the lowers effect the way stuff works adversely?
its certainly easier tho, eliminates having to play with the cast in upper on the D/S

wouldnt raising just the lowers effect the way stuff works adversely?

if you are running a 3 or 4 link, yes on paper it would. but lots of people do it with no ill effects. in theory it will still be better than a radius arm.

if you are running a 3 or 4 link, yes on paper it would. but lots of people do it with no ill effects. in theory it will still be better than a radius arm.

yeah XXXX radius arms haha
its still stock location 4 link, just with slightly longer arms
dana30 ftw haha

someone else was asking about my flat belly
full belly, from 3" behind my front lower arm brackets, to maybe 6" forward of my leaf mounts
its 38" long total
it just skins under the factory xmember which has been previously turned into a "high clearance" xmember via bashing it on stuff
essential to being nice and low, i smashed it on alot of stuff, but being smooth its never held me up like it used to when i would hit the xmember

003-4.jpg

Last edited:
RE 3.5" on 35's(low tread tho)
fb0daa63.jpg

feels a lot more stable than the last rig that was about 5.5" on 35's

gonne be going about 3" wider on each side once beadlocks are on. ill post another pic then. working on a belly skid to keep things as covered and up high as possible...

~2.5" and 33s.

IMG_0498.jpg

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 to 5 inches lift and 37" tires... 10" wide wheels w/ DYI homebrew weld on beads....

1127101323.jpg

1127101323a.jpg

Nice looking rig Bro! :cheers:

4.5" -ish of junkyard/hillbilly lift on 35s, front fenders well pruned, rears chopped and re-welded, hillbilly chop and re-application of stock flares until I get ahold of some TJ castoffs:

flares.jpg

JeffHaut fan club member since 2010.

Back