• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jv carnage list

I busted 2 D44 (not so)superior rear shafts. I also busted out my rear 1/4 window and bent my tie-rod.

Thanks to dumptruck for the replacement window. That made my 450 mile trip home alot nicer.

Bent cRusty's Track bar end. Thanks to Ben H who had a spare!
2006-11-19+036.jpg

Bent JCR 1 ton tierod and the passenger side TRE.

Scratched up my new-to-me Protofab bumper but it did its job!

25 gallons of gas (And who says the 2.5 gets good fuel mileage????)
1 Loose Lower arm jamb nut that WOULD NOT STAY TIGHT.
Hood dent from screwing around Wednesday Morning.

My steering box is still in the place it was originally placed......:roflmao:

Joe

David Taylor said:
I wish it was last year. Just goes to show I havn't learned how to drive any better over the last year. It just sucks that I have to buy another 15" when I want 17's.

Maybe We can work something out dave...

Ill trade you a gift certificate for 4 brand new BFG's (you can get 40's :D) for your 4 good rims, 1 bad rim, and 5 37" creepys....

You can buy the 17's you want, and run some BFG MT's on there for a while :D

aye?
:D :D

Bryan C. said:
I busted 2 D44 (not so)superior rear shafts. I also busted out my rear 1/4 window and bent my tie-rod.

Thanks to dumptruck for the replacement window. That made my 450 mile trip home alot nicer.

did you leave the socal sticker on there>>>>? :D :D :D

I'll be having a look at mine pretty soon as well. I think I bent the rear housing. its leaking from the plug welds. not a good sign. I'll probably retube it with heavier wall tube and truss it. I've got superiors in there too.

Rawbrown said:
I'll be having a look at mine pretty soon as well. I think I bent the rear housing. its leaking from the plug welds. not a good sign. I'll probably retube it with heavier wall tube and truss it. I've got superiors in there too.

I just thought that D44's always leak from the plug welds.........mine do.

:D :D

Well I thought I got out of JV with out any breakage but I was wrong I found a crack in my frame behind the steering box and my steering brace is bent out about 3 inches forward.

Makes me wonder when I really did the damage since I was on the easy run

I ended up bending the snot out of the outer lip on one of my Centerlines. I beat it out for the most part on the trail but it'll take a little more finesse with the beating tool to get the bead on the tire to seat tight enough to hold air back in the rocks. Roll psst roll psst roll psst roll psst...

Jes said:
Hmmm...
picture.JPG

...looks like this Superior shaft needs to be replaced.

Shaft? That looks like one of those serrated toothpicks.

:D

GSequoia said:
You now Dave it's funny... I saw this post, saw your chipped wheel, and immediately went to the top to check the date as I thought I remembered it happening last year :D (Thought maybe somebody brought last year's thread up topside)

I thought the EXACT same thing. UH OH, that means trouble...................

-Mike

Mike L said:
Was that Led's? Nice carnage BTW.................

Nope

It was Lettermans

Back