• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jv carnage list

Goatman said:
So what's with PSC? I installed a new PSC pump before this trip and it's whining, and the steering gradually goes away the harder it's worked. Let it sit and cool off and it works again for awhile after starting up. I see two PSC steering boxes that had problems.........
Thats a good thing to know. A PSC pump was on my winter list, but maybe not anymore.

LCA and UCA rubber mounts are shot. I also have a funny clicking from the front end that I have yet to locate.

sounds like majority of the problems were steering related this trip. very interesting.

you know, my brand new PSC pump and box worked flawlesly all weekend. Go ahead and keep making fun of my radio shack computer fans mounted to the cooler, but they work well aparantly. Not even a growl or leak out of my steering system. Next thing I do will probably be an engine oil cooler.

i chewed up a driveshaft, lost both tailights, bent my alumiflex tie rod, lost my t case shift linkage, and broke a battery tray.......

you know how annoying a battery tray break is? holy crap the stupid little plastic thing gave me a horribe time while i was ratchet strapping my battery to a piece of plate to keep it out of the fan.

photo97tf3.jpg

David Taylor said:
So what did everbody bend, bust or dent ?

My drag link will need to be replaced.
i218829536_11054.jpg

Went to pull it off the trailer and found this.
i218772588_86464.jpg

Another broken wheel. same thing as last year. This event has my nunber
on wheels. Here's a shot of last years.
i218749586_56799.jpg

I think its time for some FORGED wheels.. they wont do that.....

My PSC has been great,no problems prior to last weekend,what happened to mine was I blew the 2 3/4" "O" ring on the front of the box because it was just old I guess(I now carry spares) I am not running a cooler on mine at this time either,the owner of PSC built mine so maybe he put something special in it for old Santa?

4xSanta said:
the owner of PSC built mine so maybe he put something special in it for old Santa?

Yeah, a shitty seal

David Taylor said:
Went to pull it off the trailer and found this.
i218772588_86464.jpg

Another broken wheel. same thing as last year. This event has my nunber
on wheels. Here's a shot of last years.
i218749586_56799.jpg

You now Dave it's funny... I saw this post, saw your chipped wheel, and immediately went to the top to check the date as I thought I remembered it happening last year :D (Thought maybe somebody brought last year's thread up topside)

4xSanta said:
I thought I smelled something that I had stepped in,now I no where the smell came from.

It's called a 14 bolt ;)

GSequoia said:
You now Dave it's funny... I saw this post, saw your chipped wheel, and immediately went to the top to check the date as I thought I remembered it happening last year :D (Thought maybe somebody brought last year's thread up topside)

I wish it was last year. Just goes to show I havn't learned how to drive any better over the last year. It just sucks that I have to buy another 15" when I want 17's.

David Taylor said:
I wish it was last year. Just goes to show I havn't learned how to drive any better over the last year. It just sucks that I have to buy another 15" when I want 17's.

Just buy one 17 at a time Dave.

GSequoia said:
Just buy one 17 at a time Dave.

Do you have any idea how much $$$ it takes to go forged 17s and 4Ds?

I need to buy a lottery ticket!

cracker said:
Do you have any idea how much $$$ it takes to go forged 17s and 4Ds?

I need to buy a lottery ticket!

That's why I said one at a time.

If you sprad out the money it feels like less.

:D

GSequoia said:
That's why I said one at a time.

If you sprad out the money it feels like less.

:D

Is that the procrastinating Geoff way?

That means it'll be built in 2010?

David Taylor said:

Honestly, I'd just run it Dave. It's not leaking any air... You could try to talk Ron into welding another piece in it for you... I've got one just like that on the Green jeep that I welded up & have been running it for 3 years.

Matt

Back