• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Johnson Valley run

9 hours form Sac Town.

CRASH

I guess living in socal isn't so bad. 2.0 hours if I stop for Gas.:D
I will be making the trip but the xj might not be ready. I might have to show up in the 4 door sedan and hitch a ride.

David Taylor said:
I guess living in socal isn't so bad. 2.0 hours if I stop for Gas.:D
I will be making the trip but the xj might not be ready. I might have to show up in the 4 door sedan and hitch a ride.

Are you still working on the front axle project, or something else?

I'm still working on the front end. I'm doing the gears and ARB today. I still need to finish the mounts, build steering,make a new track bar and put it in. Plus I need a new set of 5 on 5.5 wheels,
pull the rear shafts and press the studs in the bigger pattern.

The 30 is still in there so I could bring it the way it is. I just don't whant to brake somthing on it now that it's ready to come out.

Well, you have a whole month. :D

I say get it all ready, wheel JV with the D30 one last time, then you have a month and a half to make the swap to the new stuff before the Jan wheeling begins. :) :)

I can bring a BBQ and some bigger stuff in the back of my truck if you guys want. That might beable to help someone bring less stuff with all the rest of their junk. Maybe some chairs or anything. I feel like I should help! Any ideas?

MATT

Well I guess I'll be there

Thursday nite also if theres enough of you there for a Friday run.
I don't necessarily want to spend alot of time cooking this time if you guys don't mind, but I could bring the big stove if someone else wants to cook or I can bring the big pot and make chili the easy way if everyone wants.
I like the potluck idea only if we know we will be in camp at a decent hour.
I don't think I'll change the doors or back hatch quiet yet if we are going to do OL.
I want to really spend the time wheeling on this trip with you guys.
Mil

Mil, you've done enough cooking for us in the past and it's appriciated. :thumbup:
I think we should do the pot luck deal on Friday night, they have always worked well in the past and we've always had an ample amount of good eats.
I'll once again bring fresh chips and salsa, carnitas, beans, and tortillias. Also, the Margaritas will be flowing, without any campground managers to worry about. :D :D

Jes

Damnit, I want to come out and play!

Maybe the tow rig will be sorted out by then.....they said two weeks to rebuild the turbo.........

....of course I have about 127 house projects to complete before Thanksgiving. :rolleyes:

CRASH

CRASH said:

Maybe the tow rig will be sorted out by then.....they said two weeks to rebuild the turbo.........

....of course I have about 127 house projects to complete before Thanksgiving. :rolleyes:

CRASH

List of honey-do's just to long to go wheeling. :bawl:

When's the new one getting torn apart and built up? :D

mark

CRASH said:

CRASH

Shoot, I thought you were going to be there to race me back to camp. :D

Maybe Sean will loan you his Tundra, if he and his Jeep can't make it, at least his truck would make it to JV. ;) :D :D

Hope you can get that truck running and join us. We keep saying this is the last run for Princess......she's like a cat with nine lives. :)

Mr. Goat,

Now, I'm a lenient kinda gal. I don't sweat the small stuff, like my husband showing up on the I-net holding another man's hand after a trip I thought was just to blow off some steam. But I can't take no more of these late night calls from God knows where with blenders whirring away in the background. A girl gets jealous, you know? :D

Lupine said:
Mr. Goat,

Now, I'm a lenient kinda gal. I don't sweat the small stuff, like my husband showing up on the I-net holding another man's hand after a trip I thought was just to blow off some steam. But I can't take no more of these late night calls from God knows where with blenders whirring away in the background. A girl gets jealous, you know? :D

Well, Miss Britt, you work for the state, what are you doing with all of your vacation days? Are you and your loving CRASH taking seperate vacations? :rolleyes: :confused:

Of course, don't ask me where Kathy is all the time.......we do take seperate vacations. :D :D

We miss you, and want you to be jealous, because we want you to come out with CRASH and play. :)

To the top for this one.

So guys, are we going to do a big pot luck fiesta Friday night?
Matt, home made guac and some salsa perhaps? ;)
Only two weeks away!

Jes

Certainly, I'll bring chips and stuff for carnitas tacos. Some extra Cuervo is always good too! :cool:

Jes

Can someone post a name of a nearby city for a reference point?
Thanks,
Dan.
PS Do I meet the (rig) requirements for this trip?

TRNDRVR said:
Can someone post a name of a nearby city for a reference point?
Thanks,
Dan.
PS Do I meet the (rig) requirements for this trip?

A nearby town is Lucerne Valley which is just to the west of Johnson Valley. Barstow is about 30 miles north west.
The rig requirements are on page 1 of this thread.

Jes

Back