• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep is no more :(

a couple people have offered you shells that need motor/trans i would read back through this thread and start there bro :cheers:

damn there was just a 92 for sale around here for $250, needed a fuel pump. I think it is gone now but you should have no problems finding another cheap XJ, especially with all the generous offers of help, happy holidays!

a couple people have offered you shells that need motor/trans i would read back through this thread and start there bro :cheers:

if we can get my truck back, maybe that will work, i dont know how to swap a motor in an XJ, how much would it take? im willing to do the work, can it be done in a weekend? also im not sure my motor is still good...i guess we can figure that out...

anyone that has insight would be awesome to be able to help...

I can get you a deal on a 91 2dr with a 5 speed custom OD paint to. :)

Hit up Craigslist, there are so many of them for under 2k I could spend all day listing them here.

if we can get my truck back, maybe that will work, i dont know how to swap a motor in an XJ, how much would it take? im willing to do the work, can it be done in a weekend? also im not sure my motor is still good...i guess we can figure that out...

im willing to bet if you feed everyone enough people will be in that we could get EVERYTHING swapped over in a weekend.

i doubt there is anything wrong with the motor, it doesnt look like you took a hard hit to the front, just the corners.

I could get a motor and trans swap done in a day. Your motor is fine.

Here are some pics of a ProTruck I was codriving in at last years Baja 1000. We were doing 95 when we hit a bad kicker. 3 times end over end the hard way. The entire frame was bent up but most of the parts were reusable.

protruck250_2.jpg

protruck250_1.jpg

If your engine/tranny are still good, I have a '95 in pretty good shape up in Sonora at Copper204's place. He used the engine/tranny and there might be a few other parts missing (nothing major), but between your XJ and it, you should be able to put something nice together. You're welcome to it if you want it...Just e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll let him know and send you the title.

Good luck!

What is wrong with this? Maybe we can get a parts train going I will go half way for gas money. Who can get it down the other half. Maybe sombe Sierra guys could help with some gas money.

and if I can help in any way, I'm usually available!!

Okay, talked with Juan at the junk yard.
He says they sold it yesterday to someone out in Ocotillo Wells.
We could still get in touch with the guy they sold it to. I'd bet he would
be willing to sell it back, if for no other reason than it would be a nice Christmas time thing to do.
So, Derrick, do you want to continue with trying to get it back?

If so, call the tow yard 858-789-0331 and ask for Juan.
NOBODY else call them please, don't try to cause any other problems will ya'?

Rick

Derrick, I have an enclosed trailer that if we need to go for a long distance tow let me know.

I also have the room here to do the work if needed. Just helping with location options to get you going again.

I have a engine and trans here from a renix era that belong to Bryce, I dont know the condition nor what he would want for it but I am sure if you talked to him I he is cool peeps.

hey, if you need it, I've got an engine and tranny you could have for cheap. the engine has a knock and about 220,xxx, the tranny seemed to be working fine and has about 175,xxx. I never really used the trans tho, all I know for sure is that 1, 2, and R work. I never took it out of the parking lot, never over 25.

with all these jeeps and parts you guys are offering up he could build another Jeep for Cheap! I am glad to see you guys all helping someone out! Happy Holidays guys and good luck with your jeep Besty!

Back