• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR anti-roll mod idea

Wow, that would be about perfect. Almost looks like some sort of insert.

After looking at that, it seems to me that no polly/rubber spacer is going to do the job or at least last very long.

I think I'm going to go with the soft aluminum idea. I'll just leave a little room for play and oval out the hole (like in the pic).

The problem is keeping the aluminum spacer from shifting. Hmmm...

As one knuckle turns out it also rotates up. As the other knuckle turns in it rotates down....

Ding Ding Ding Ding!

Winner Winner Winner! :yelclap:

Well for the cupped washers what about using those washers that the shock bushings sit in for the stud?

Upper shocks' washers in the front of the XJ if you will..

Well if it works, thanks for the idea. I just did this today. I used a shock washer I already had. I drilled it out and used the reamer to get it to the correct size.
I only used one because mine were pretty thick and two would have been too much. I just put it over top of the poly spacer and tightened it down nice and snug. Not too much though, I wanted to leave a little room so it doesn't bind up.

It works well so far. The benefit is that it "cups" the spacer and keeps it all together. The way it was before just wore out the center of the spacer and spread it out like a pancake.

Dumb question: What is this dead spot you guys are talking about?

I have the 1 ton JCR set up on the front of mine and It doesn't feel any different than stock. I am only at 2" if that matters.

The steering twists when you turn the tires. Instead of all the force going to the knuckes, it twists the tierod and drag link first. The steering rolls before turning the tires.

JCR uses a poly space at the passenger side tie rod end (TRE) that helps with the roll. The problem is that the spacer wears out and you get the slop back. People that wheel have more trouble than those that don't, I would assume.

Dumb question: What is this dead spot you guys are talking about?

I have the 1 ton JCR set up on the front of mine and It doesn't feel any different than stock. I am only at 2" if that matters.
The angle of the draglink affects it.If the draglink was prefectly flat theres no where to roll since its pushing straight down the center.The more the angle,the more it will want to roll.

Okay i got that HDPE material board in the mail today, i cut it into blocks, a lil wider than 1". I then drilled out like a 7/8th inch hole it and put it in, it smashed down nice and tight, its snug, i tightened it was snug but not spreading or anything. Drove it and it drives better, but theres still a small dead spot (smaller than before, better), so i tightened it some more, still got the same dead spot. Its annoying i still have to do the same crap as before (play pong with the traffic lanes, constantly turning either left or right) its just not as bad. Idk if i should suggest this to you guys or not, im still voting I should have never bought this steering.

Okay i got that HDPE material board in the mail today, i cut it into blocks, a lil wider than 1". I then drilled out like a 7/8th inch hole it and put it in, it smashed down nice and tight, its snug, i tightened it was snug but not spreading or anything. Drove it and it drives better, but theres still a small dead spot (smaller than before, better), so i tightened it some more, still got the same dead spot. Its annoying i still have to do the same crap as before (play pong with the traffic lanes, constantly turning either left or right) its just not as bad. Idk if i should suggest this to you guys or not, im still voting I should have never bought this steering.

So.........The TRE.............are they rolling or not?

If they are tight/snug they shouldn't be rolling. Therefore your dead spot is coming from somewhere else.

Last edited:

I love the pong comment, I tried a passenger side spacer, no change so I said F it last night threw on zj steering, got it aligned this morning. Much better I am no longer playing pong on the highway and its still pretty stout. I really liked my rugged ridge kit size wise but its definitly for the smaller lift height crowd.

Back