• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Long Arm Upgrade

Hey i just got my 8" critical path long arm kit on mine with 3/4 isolators and DT 8000 shocks. Rear fenders are trimmed and fronts are not. Ive got 35x12.50 maxxis tires and open diffs. I like the lift a lot. Rides smooth, not too bad to install, havent had any problems from the caster adjuster or anything else.
bicyclemafia

bicyclemafia
Photo0460.jpg

Photo0662.jpg

Photo0666.jpg

bicyclemafia

Last edited:
Dude you should make a big ass patch and put it over where the driver's light used to be and then call your rig "The Pirate".

It looks good!

hahah yea i know. thatd be funny. In the first picture I have a set of 35x12.50 maxxis creepy crawlers on 16x8 marsh racing wheels. and the last pictures I have 35x12.50 maxxis bighorns on 15x10 mt street locks.

creepys... on stock UNLOCKED axles?!?!

prorities dude.. holy XXXX.
streetlocks and an 8 inch IRO longarm lift dude...

Yea stock steering. The kit requires you to put a 5 degree outward bend in the drag link because it will want to hit against the coil perch area. and my tie rod was binding up against my sway bar mounts, so I just cut those off. Other than that...yea its stock.

Yea stock steering. The kit requires you to put a 5 degree outward bend in the drag link because it will want to hit against the coil perch area. and my tie rod was binding up against my sway bar mounts, so I just cut those off. Other than that...yea its stock.

Might wanna upgrade that. It's pretty stressed with those 35's. It would suck to have it snap or bend out on the trail. No one likes waiting for repairs. ;)

I have 32's and just upgraded to Currie's steering and wish I had done so years ago. It's amazing the difference it makes when running larger tires.

hmm. Yea ill probably do that. My bro has a wj and just got all new steering junk. I just found his tie rod in my garage. I think it will fit up with some little adjustment.

Ok so there has been a lot on negative criticism on here about the IRO kit, but I have a quick question. It may have been covered somewhere in here already but I only skimmed the thread. How is the IRO kit compared to say the Rough Country long arm kit? Both are at the cheaper end of the spectrum and I think that's what brings a good majority of their buyers.

EDIT: Never mind I just realized that the RC kit is a radius arm setup also.

Last edited:
Ok so there has been a lot on negative criticism on here about the IRO kit, but I have a quick question. It may have been covered somewhere in here already but I only skimmed the thread. How is the IRO kit compared to say the Rough Country long arm kit? Both are at the cheaper end of the spectrum and I think that's what brings a good majority of their buyers.

It's a fair question. Both are bolt-on radius long arms, and cost about the same.

IRO has a 3 link long arm that has issues with the caster adjustment joint. RC has a y-link or radius arm setup that has issues with the flex joints. I have RC's and about to receive my 3rd set of flex joints since nov 09. If I had to choose between the two, it would be RC cuz at least they send you replacements instantly and no questions asked. I told RC my 3 joints failed again and they shipped out four replacements joints by the afternoon. Top notch CS.

Last edited:
Hey come on guys. Dont be dissing IRO. I havent had a single problem out of my suspension yet. Yea its an odd design, but trouble less for me. I dont see how all of these people are saying that the caster adjuster gives proplems. I dont baby my jeep, and i sure as heck dont catch air and slam it on rocks n what not. Im off road more than i am on road and its my DD. Ive only had to re-tighten the caster bolts one time. It hasnt once gone out of alignment on me

Hey come on guys. Dont be dissing IRO. I havent had a single problem out of my suspension yet. Yea its an odd design, but trouble less for me. I dont see how all of these people are saying that the caster adjuster gives proplems. I dont baby my jeep, and i sure as heck dont catch air and slam it on rocks n what not. Im off road more than i am on road and its my DD. Ive only had to re-tighten the caster bolts one time. It hasnt once gone out of alignment on me

:roflmao:

Have you seen the pic of my caster adjuster, its a couple pages back. It an inferior design, which is extremely weak.

Cant wait to sell this kit, and get my clayton 3 link.

So how many people have died in the last 2 years with this kit? I been looking for this info an i can't find any.Can somebody show me some please? I mean all these people talking about how bad it is, it has to have cause some kind of crap by now, right? So if you could, cause i am thinking of buying this kit. I would hate to kill somebody cause i ran long arm

Back