• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Long Arm Upgrade

So how many people have died in the last 2 years with this kit? I been looking for this info an i can't find any.Can somebody show me some please? I mean all these people talking about how bad it is, it has to have cause some kind of crap by now, right? So if you could, cause i am thinking of buying this kit. I would hate to kill somebody cause i ran long arm

I can't fathom how you can read a thread full of people bashing a longarm kit and still want to buy it. Are you just that infatuated with the design? Or is it the price? Does it take a death before you don't want the kit anymore?

1) You get what you pay for

2) There may be a reason why every other company on the market goes with radius arms or a 3/4 link. Find a jeepspeed XJ or KOH racer running a weird welded half radius arm kit with a caster adjuster...

Well Clayton is clearly the Creme de la Creme of suspension. But for a budget build like mine, IRO isnt too bad. It got me 8" in the air for about $1700 with a respectable amount of flex. I just guess some people have problems with the kit and some people dont. I dont.

Well Clayton is clearly the Creme de la Creme of suspension. But for a budget build like mine, IRO isnt too bad. It got me 8" in the air for about $1700 with a respectable amount of flex. I just guess some people have problems with the kit and some people dont. I dont.

interested in your reasons for 8" of lift. GO!

Ground clearance? Fitting 35's easily? Just plain Awesomeness? Whats a reason not for 8" of lift?
High COG, bad for rock crawling, killing babies on the freeway, even worse gas mileage in our station wagons, rolling when the wind blows, drive line angles. Someone else's turn!

once you get some decent seat time on it and wheel with other rigs i can pretty much guarantee you are going to want to lower it.

once you get some decent seat time on it and wheel with other rigs i can pretty much guarantee you are going to want to lower it.
The way it sits right now actually isnt a problem at all. Before my motor messed up on me over spring break, I was driving it through all gravel pits and atv trails around here. I even took it to the SuperLift ORV park. I love the way it sits. It never seemed to want to roll on its side. So im fine with it.

So how many people have died in the last 2 years with this kit? I been looking for this info an i can't find any.Can somebody show me some please? I mean all these people talking about how bad it is, it has to have cause some kind of crap by now, right? So if you could, cause i am thinking of buying this kit. I would hate to kill somebody cause i ran long arm

Odd argument. According to most opinions on this board, Rusty's lift components will not only kill you, they'll take your young sister's virginity and soil your family name. Yet, I haven't seen any reports of anybody dieing as a result of his stuff.......

Perhaps we're putting too much faith in people's opinions....read opinions, not experience.
:paperwork

Odd argument. According to most opinions on this board, Rusty's lift components will not only kill you, they'll take your young sister's virginity and soil your family name. Yet, I haven't seen any reports of anybody dieing as a result of his stuff.......

Perhaps we're putting too much faith in people's opinions....read opinions, not experience.
:paperwork

First of all, many people have reported Rusty's track bars breaking while driving. I could see that killing someone if you are going highway speeds.

Second, you're right, IRO's long arm kit does get a lot of flak from people that have never run it. That being said, if they want to give me a kit to test, I will gladly take it out and wheel the crap out of it like I do my current and former kits. I'd kind of like to see how it would hold up, but then I guess they'd be responsible for anything else that broke as a result of their kit...

Only women care about gas mileage. Drive line angles?...I went taller and compensated with a wider stance. Same thing, just bigger scale.
Going wider doesnt make your drive shafts any less angled. :dunno:

5" of lift for me and what I do is too tall, that's with 12.5" wide tires and 3.75" back spacing. But I also don't run sway bars.

And I don't like the look of a monsterly tall rig and huge wheel well gaps.

The way it sits right now actually isnt a problem at all. Before my motor messed up on me over spring break, I was driving it through all gravel pits and atv trails around here. I even took it to the SuperLift ORV park. I love the way it sits. It never seemed to want to roll on its side. So im fine with it.

So you've driven through some gravel pits and went offroading once at Superlift.

Again, seat time will tell you that it's too much lift.

First of all, many people have reported Rusty's track bars breaking while driving. I could see that killing someone if you are going highway speeds.

Second, you're right, IRO's long arm kit does get a lot of flak from people that have never run it. That being said, if they want to give me a kit to test, I will gladly take it out and wheel the crap out of it like I do my current and former kits. I'd kind of like to see how it would hold up, but then I guess they'd be responsible for anything else that broke as a result of their kit...

I wouldn't run it if they gave me one free. I don't feel like bending my shocks and breaking my driveline and then having to patch it back together to get it off the trail.

Knowing it is a shoddy design is enough for me to not run it, how many people drove pintos without issue? I don't defend and justify marginal parts and bad design philosophy just because no one (except for twodoorxj, who manned up and posted the info) has been killed by it... yet. The vast majority of installed IRO kits I have seen are on mallcrawlers, and very few people who ask if it's good and then defend it and buy it against all advice (because it is cheap) have the balls to come back and say "I broke it, you were right".

Go ahead and run it if it makes ya happy. Just don't expect sympathy when it breaks...

Back