• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Long Arm Upgrade

Only women listen to dubstep. l.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I haven't heard of the IRO kit breaking but I'm willing to believe it could happen.
Of course, a 10mm bolt is what we are talking about as the weakness in this kit.
You know what else is fastened with a 10mm bolt? the RE 1600 track bar. Different part of the suspension, so it may be apples to oranges, but 10mm of hardened steel in double shear doesn't break easy.

10mm of hardened steel in double shear doesn't break easy.

ive broken those several times in a trackbar application.

then went to 1/2". never broke a 1/2" but i did bend one. i'm running 9/16" trackbar bolts now

seen people break both uca bolts too (one might have let go earlier though, just didnt notice it)

So how many people have died in the last 2 years with this kit? I been looking for this info an i can't find any.Can somebody show me some please? I mean all these people talking about how bad it is, it has to have cause some kind of crap by now, right? So if you could, cause i am thinking of buying this kit. I would hate to kill somebody cause i ran long arm

Doubtfull you would kill somebody. As long as you wanted to hang out on fire roads I'm sure it'll be fine. But if you want to do serious rock crawling its a bad design.

I also want to know why your sack riding these guys? Are you just cheap and looking for somebody to confirm that it's OK to buy cheap poorly designed stuff. I say buy it. Do really hardcore stuff and bring it to failure and report back.

ive broken those several times in a trackbar application.

then went to 1/2". never broke a 1/2" but i did bend one. i'm running 9/16" trackbar bolts now

seen people break both uca bolts too (one might have let go earlier though, just didnt notice it)

I stand corrected. What did you do to step up in TB bolt size, just drill both sides? Add weld washers / plate the axle side mount?

Pretty sure there was a pic floating around of a TJ that had a Rustys track bar.

TRE failed and he rolled it going down a main road. Basically ruined his TJ.

I stand corrected. What did you do to step up in TB bolt size, just drill both sides? Add weld washers / plate the axle side mount?

when i had a tnt trackbar i got a 2 piece stock replacement bushing for the axle end and drilled everything out to 1/2". for the frame end I bought a rubicon express superflex ball with a 1/2" inside diameter and drilled out the bracket.

then i got rid of the tnt trackbar and built my own

Pretty sure there was a pic floating around of a TJ that had a Rustys track bar.

TRE failed and he rolled it going down a main road. Basically ruined his TJ.
I've seen that pic too. I remember the TJ being silver.

n3233720_38042262_2770.jpg

n3233720_38042257_1057.jpg

n3233720_38042258_1380.jpg

n3233720_38042259_1817.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLNc7Lfkktg

? for you.
Is it cause it had the TRE end on it that. Not being smart ass here, just wanting to know if all track bars with TRE's are bar bad

Doubtfull you would kill somebody. As long as you wanted to hang out on fire roads I'm sure it'll be fine. But if you want to do serious rock crawling its a bad design.

I also want to know why your sack riding these guys? Are you just cheap and looking for somebody to confirm that it's OK to buy cheap poorly designed stuff. I say buy it. Do really hardcore stuff and bring it to failure and report back.

Read my sig baby:moon:

ive seen one snap on a dirt road going about 5 mph.

and my buddies snapped on a speedbump

and my friend was in the middle of traffic and about to make a turn and his rustys inverted t steering snapped (where the "block" is welded to the tube)

? for you.
Is it cause it had the TRE end on it that. Not being smart ass here, just wanting to know if all track bars with TRE's are bar bad

apparently rustys upgraded the tie rod end after so many complaints to a larger diameter. but the problem was he used the cheapest stock replacement rod ends he could find.

not many stock parts belong under a jeep that gets beaten offroad with large tires.

BUT ZOMG TRAIL TESTED TOUGH!

Thanks guys. I have been reading this thread and trying to find whats right and whats wrong in it. This is going on 2 years with this long arm kit. I have heard about the tre's breaking but not knowing why is what bug me.I always ran big trucks

mini=man - its a little obvious that I was confused. I was thinking driving angles for some reason. But this kit does help with driveline angles since the caster can be adjusted.

DeftwillP - what more driving experience do I need? ive already owned an xj with 4.5" lift and 32's. I wasnt satisfied then. I can tell that you are the guy who tries to put people down just so you can get some attention.

srmitchell - good one. Why do you say 8" is too tall? im sure there are plenty of people on here who will argue against that.

yossarian19 - "Bahahahahaha" isnt this the sound that a goat makes?

Sorry. Im not trying to be the guy that everybody hates. I just dont like when people talk sh*t

Go run Hummdinger or Ingrid's at the ORV park. You will definitely want to lower it.
I havent tried either. But i think id still be satisfied on my height. If i lower it, then i have a ground clearance issue and id have to look for other routes to take to keep from hanging up. If i stay at my height, ground clearance is less of an issue, but ill have to take a different route to keep from rolling over. Either way, ride height is a win/lose situation.

I wouldn't run it if they gave me one free. (a bunch of unrelated reasoning) Go ahead and run it if it makes ya happy. Just don't expect sympathy when it breaks...

When what breaks? Specifically what part... I feel the lower tabs on the axle will break off before anything else. Not exactly IRO's fault.

I havent tried either. But i think id still be satisfied on my height. If i lower it, then i have a ground clearance issue and id have to look for other routes to take to keep from hanging up. If i stay at my height, ground clearance is less of an issue, but ill have to take a different route to keep from rolling over. Either way, ride height is a win/lose situation.

we should wheel sometime

Back