• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interest? Eagle Rock run/3rd Quarter meeting/BBQ?

Eagle Rock or Meeting date?

• Saturday Sept. 13

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Saturday Sept. 20

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we should make a list:paperwork of who is coming as in # of rigs/ people who will need a ride.

I would imagine the best meeting area in the springs will be the usual, Home Depot parking lot.

I will bring my cooler full of Ice, so there will be some extra room if people need to keep their beverages or whatever cold, or plenty of room in the Jeep if'n ya need to throw your cooler or a body or two in before we roll out.

My cell # in case anyone gets lost..... including myself.......:D

720-879-1399

ARG!! I wanna go but freaking school.

JohnJohn said:
Scratch paint on rocks? or trees?
Uhhh, yeah, but it's not like I took EVERY stinkin bypass. :firedevil

JohnJohn said:
Sorry, I'm askin...is the trail tight with trees or just tall rocks at obstacles. My JK is a bit wider than my old XJ.

your JK should be fine, won't get anything that you can't buff out anyhow.:D

Home Depot on Lake Ave., (Briargate, across from the Red Robin)

I know that is a lot of groups meet up to head that way, where ever you all wanna meet up. I am just taggin along, it's whatever you all want, I am the newbie over here.:D

Im the guy who does the HAV videos. so i figured i would finally make a name on here seeing as how i plan on doing a lot more off roading videos. ill be heading up there on the 20th, so PLEASE if you can make it definitely come up. i would like to get some really good footage of some nasty jeeps on that trail and a lot of footage of the type of people that do this sort of thing for my Colorado Documentary. Ill be in a black HAV shirt so when you see me say whats up and let me know whats done to your machines so i will know for the video. if the event turns out good ill make some short DVD's about it and have them available on my website when it is finished and ill have a preview up on here and Vimeo. I'll see ya out there!

Last edited:
Slowerthanu said:
Im the guy who does the HAV videos. so i figured i would finally make a name on here seeing as how i plan on doing a lot more off roading videos. ill be heading up there on the 20th, so PLEASE if you can make it definitely come up. i would like to get some really good footage of some nasty jeeps on that trail and a lot of footage of the type of people that do this sort of thing for my Colorado Documentary. Ill be in a black HAV shirt so when you see me say whats up and let me know whats done to your machines so i will know for the video. if the event turns out good ill make some short DVD's about it and have them available on my website when it is finished and ill have a preview up on here and Vimeo. I'll see ya out there!

im so excited.....

SurfXJSnow said:
well i just talked to my man derrick, the same guy that made this video :

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/O...ado_174643.htm

He said hes up to come on the run and take some footage. If he gets enough footage he can put together a DVD of the run for us.

I saw that video off of a post on colorado4x4.org?

Not sure if any of us old farts are photogenic :dunce:

I see Yellaheep is pimping out his number all over the place :wave: ...........hmmmm I wonder why?

................I have him in phone already under "Creeky Jeep" just in case I need something. :D

I have been through hell and back getting this 3.5-4" lift on today. Did the whole thing in the pouring rain on a muddy driveway. So, as long as I can figure out this rear axle vibration, then count on me being there, about 4" higher than before =) oh, and ill trade a case of beer for someone with GOOD knowledge of pinion angles/vibrations/t case drops..(anything having to do with a driveline vibration due to a lift) to look at my heep and diagnose the problem... and keep in mind, i drink GOOD BEER. I need this done ASAP! Id also like to find someone with a garage and a spring compressor so I can pop these 3/4" spacers up above my front coils so im level with the rear. (Rear sits at 4", front at 3.5") let me know. 719-205-5455.

SurfXJSnow said:
Id also like to find someone with a garage and a spring compressor so I can pop these 3/4" spacers up above my front coils so im level with the rear. (Rear sits at 4", front at 3.5") let me know. 719-205-5455.

You can rent most compressors at advance / Checkers no real cost you just return it :)

Some like their rigs sitting level but I like mine sitting higher in the rear so when I go wheeling and add the extra weight of water, gas, supplies, cooler, camping gear, etc. it doesn't do the opposite and rear end sag ..........just a thought to consider :looney: .....that and I mentioned this in the other thread but let it settle a little and see where it lies, your initial lift will net you higher until then, and it might equal out.

Frank Z said:
Spring compressors are the devil!

The easiest way to get the spacers in is to pull the tires and disconnect the brakes, sway bar links and shocks. Drop the axle as low as possible while keeping the body really high on some jackstands. Then use an engine hoist to raise the front of the rig untill you can pull the coils out enough to slip the spacers in.

X2

SurfXJSnow, If we knew where you lived it would help determine if we can help!! Location:Colorado is not very specific!! I live in Canon City, how close are ya? I can help ya with your angles and vibes but I need to know where ya are!

Back