• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interest? Eagle Rock run/3rd Quarter meeting/BBQ?

Eagle Rock or Meeting date?

• Saturday Sept. 13

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Saturday Sept. 20

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well, was going to go up this weekend, but got to work a 24 hr shift starting sat at 9 am now, so you mind if I tag along with you on your run.

So do we have a list of who should bring what for the cookout portion? I have a small propane campr grill I'll gladly bring.

I'll get the brats, buns, condiments, chips and pop.

I can bring a camping grill if no one else volunteers.

Gonna need a volunteer to haul the cooler and grill though..... the Truggy doesn't have a place to haul it..... :looney:

Someone else here mentioned bringing potato salad.

YELLAHEEP said:
I'll get the brats, buns, condiments, chips and pop.

I can bring a camping grill if no one else volunteers.

Gonna need a volunteer to haul the cooler and grill though..... the Truggy doesn't have a place to haul it..... :looney:

Someone else here mentioned bringing potato salad.
I can make Hot German Potato Salad. That stuff is the bomb. I have small camping grill I can bring also.

SurfXJSnow said:
I have like 4 camping chairs i can bring... and whatever kind of food. anyone like good beer? not sure how good it will be after wheeling tho...

It's generally frowned upon to bring beer to consume during the run...... but afterwards is a good thing!

I'll bring my grill and I have a fairly large cooler too so I can probably just meet up with you Troy and we can load up my rig with the goodies.

snwy_mnt_jeep said:
well, was going to go up this weekend, but got to work a 24 hr shift starting sat at 9 am now, so you mind if I tag along with you on your run.

I might have room in mine, not sure though. Depends if we're bringing the kid or not. Is 2mos old enough for his first wheeling trip?

SurfXJSnow said:
Right on, my buddy derrick does HAV productions.
ha i love derrick...he is doin a lot of really good stuff now with the HD camera and different lenses and whatnot....maybe he should come out to this run?:wave1:

DutchVDub said:
I might have room in mine, not sure though. Depends if we're bringing the kid or not. Is 2mos old enough for his first wheeling trip?
Our pediatrician recommended 9+ months or until he can hold his head up strongly without assistance. Even then I took my boy to MSV/Coney when he was 9 months and he did fine until he fell asleep. Then his little head was bouncing all over the place and Roxy/mommy was holding his head as she was worried about him injuring his neck even after rolling up a receiving blanket as a support.

What is cool is my mother in-law made him a cool mini-nascar neck brace I have yet to try it though. :D

I have yet to break this run on the 20th to the wife, we will see :shhh:

Hey Yella I will commit to chips then leave them on my counter and buy some soggy Ruffles potato paste in a bag from the gas station...................sound good.............I know you like the soggy ruffles................... :)

Last edited:
DutchVDub said:

Start 'em young! :thumbup:

I guess you just gotta be careful of the little guy's neck. That's alot of bouncing around. I've seen folks roll up a hand towel and put it around the back of their neck and pin the ends together down in the front. Keep his ears from bouncing off his shoulders...... :D

DutchVDub said:

oh, I would be bringing my XJ up, 4.5" rubi xpress on 33's I've been up there before in my TJ, the XJ should be fine, would like to go up with you all though, cause I am learning my XJ still. Might need someone to:eyes: for me. When will you all post up a meeting place and time??

in4aride said:
ha i love derrick...he is doin a lot of really good stuff now with the HD camera and different lenses and whatnot....maybe he should come out to this run?:wave1:

yeah, that would be sweet to get him to take some footage there. oh, and about the beer, whos up for a few drinks after the run? any good bars anywhere to grab a few? just broke the news to the fiance that im not going to be around on the 20th, thank the Lord she is doing an alziemers walk in Denver that day. lets get the rigs dirty.

So, im putting on the new 3.5/4.5" kit tomorrow. If everything works out as planned I will be sitting around 4.5" by tomorrow evening. Wish me luck. Ive been anxiously awaiting this moment :D:D:D:D:D

ya we just did some drifting footage....but i forgot to ask..... ill have to talk to him tomorrow when im off work......
tell him to do it too.....

imma try and get my MJ some tires that fit my rims so i can go.....bald street tires will do me no good.....lol

I'll make it. I've got to give myself 2 hrs to get there, so what time are we meeting. I have room for a cooler.

I think I might be going. I proposed to the wifey and she did not want to leave her mother at home alone and said I could take our new client that is moving in with us. He is pretty high functioning and loves to wheel, camp, and in general the mountains. So I guess that is a go for me, so count me in as (2) Troy the young man staying with us & myself. Unless I get a little tight for $ for go go juice..................

If Yella is supplying the "Bedder Chedders" and chips, Stang is doing pototoe salad ...........I will bring my joyous self :roll:

I have room for some supplies as well, I will bring a small cooler any way for drinks, plus water & extra gas.

Who is all going from the Denver area?
Do we all want to meet near Yella's who is south Denver and caravan to the springs since he is going to be point this run right? :D

Last edited:
Back