• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interest? Eagle Rock run/3rd Quarter meeting/BBQ?

Eagle Rock or Meeting date?

• Saturday Sept. 13

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Saturday Sept. 20

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SurfXJSnow said:
i really want to run it, but do you think my 98 XJ with 3.5" RE/assorted kit will make it? running 31's.... oh, and im not a "paid" member...

?????

if you can see a too big rock or hole and know how to stear around it...youll make it...
a guy had a 91 with no lift on 225's that were damn near bald...(granted he was locked) made it up with a lil effort from stackin a few rocks here and there......
there is really only ONE challenging part and its only hard cuz next to the diff hangers are big holes....so you have to know where your wheels are....

SurfXJSnow said:
i really want to run it, but do you think my 98 XJ with 3.5" RE/assorted kit will make it? running 31's.... oh, and im not a "paid" member...

?????

Sounds like you should be just fine - ask for a spot if you're unsure where your tires are someone will gladly help ya.

........ oh, and we know you're not a "paid" member by the color of your user name..... :D But anyone can attend Chapter runs.

From what Dutch told me and Stump the trail has a bypass at every hard spot. So stockers shouldn't have a prob unless they try and get crazy. Only other thing I heard is there are some tight spots were it is easy to get body damage. I unless something happens I will be there. XJ is running like a top. Need to get my new tires mounted up before we go. Good weekend job.

SurfXJSnow said:

?????
I ran it last fall with 2" and 31s, you should be fine. There were a few times I thought I was going to scratch the paint, but managed to come through un-scathed.

There is only one section with no by-pass, my wife's station wagon made it up OK. Again this was taken last fall:

Eagle_Rock07.jpg

Stang5lgt said:
From what Dutch told me and Stump the trail has a bypass at every hard spot. So stockers shouldn't have a prob unless they try and get crazy. .
not everything has bypass......
but regardless its pretty easy

That doesnt look to bad. I could probably hang... or watch and help. And im not "locked" to tell you the truth, i have no idea what lockers are... still kind of new to this eventhough this is my 4th jeep, and its the only brand of truck ive ever owned.

Let me put it this way, I've taken a stock Zuki and a 2" lifted Zuki through there with little to no problems. I've also taken a stock TJ Rubi through it.

I have run it many times 31's you will be fine, no lockers needed, unless you want to use them for harder lines, fun trail, I was told by some that the first obsticles bypass is now pretty much as bad as the obsticle, by we took a stock cherokee up it last year, little rocker damage, drug bottom in a few spots, and we strapped him to the TJ a few times. I would say a moderate trail. With a group as large as yours, shouldn't be any issues.
I will probably be up that way in my new(90) XJ, putting some work into it this weekend, and it'll be ready to go. Maybe I will see you on the trail. For those of you trailering rigs, it could be worth it, there are a couple good obsticles to play on/ and Saran Wrap is right there if nothing else.

SurfXJSnow said:
and whats up with brats in the AM? im only 26, but damn, if i ate that shit first thing in the morning then plan on me making a few pit stops in the woods during the trail run.

You're kidding right?

You have heard of cooking food in the woods right? You know, stopping along the trail somewhere?....... say around noon-ish?........ break out the grill?..... cook some brats?...... get back to 'wheeling?

Would that be ok with you?

:twak:

:D :D :D

SurfXJSnow said:
That doesnt look to bad. I could probably hang... or watch and help. And im not "locked" to tell you the truth, i have no idea what lockers are... still kind of new to this eventhough this is my 4th jeep, and its the only brand of truck ive ever owned.

Ok........ You NEED to come to this run brutha. You are definitely one XJ owner in DESPERATE need of a 'wheeling education! Wow! What are lockers? Heh heh! This trail run is gonna be a real eye opener for you! We love newbies! They taste like chicken! :D

Seriously though - this will be a great time for you to see what this club and our enthusiasm for the XJ is all about. C'mon out with us and we'll answer all your questions!

I wanna get my spacers on and see if I need the shackles in the rear before I run anything... Jus need a day off to do it. What time would be the run again?

YELLAHEEP said:
Ok........ You NEED to come to this run brutha. You are definitely one XJ owner in DESPERATE need of a 'wheeling education! Wow! What are lockers? Heh heh! This trail run is gonna be a real eye opener for you! We love newbies! They taste like chicken! :D

Seriously though - this will be a great time for you to see what this club and our enthusiasm for the XJ is all about. C'mon out with us and we'll answer all your questions!

well then count me in. just cant promise im going to do anything crazy with the rig... i want to learn how to run a moderate trail before i wreck my jeep and you guys have to take the time to pull me out. ive been more of a scenic trail type... up on rampart range type stuff... but the new lift goes on this friday so 3.5 more inches will give me a little more confidence.

YELLAHEEP said:
You're kidding right?

You have heard of cooking food in the woods right? You know, stopping along the trail somewhere?....... say around noon-ish?........ break out the grill?..... cook some brats?...... get back to 'wheeling?

Would that be ok with you?

:twak:

:D :D :D

and i thought you meant eating the brats at like 9am... and yes, ive been camping :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:. ill bring the potato salad.

SurfXJSnow said:

?????

If I can take a stock 98 over Chinaman Gulch, you can do this with the mods you have!!! :patriot:

Hypoid said:
I ran it last fall with 2" and 31s, you should be fine. There were a few times I thought I was going to scratch the paint, but managed to come through un-scathed.

There is only one section with no by-pass, my wife's station wagon made it up OK. Again this was taken last fall:

Eagle_Rock07.jpg

If that is as hard as it gets......:laugh: ......NO problem!!!!:wantyou:

Looks like I am goin to miss some fun...............:bawl:.......AGAIN!!

Back