• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

anyone work on the hub assemblies on a Pontiac Aztek? I've got one going bad (I think) and what little I can find online makes it seem similar to changing an XJ assembly, but some of the stuff is contradictory?

anyone work on the hub assemblies on a Pontiac Aztek? I've got one going bad (I think) and what little I can find online makes it seem similar to changing an XJ assembly, but some of the stuff is contradictory?

Yup pretty much the same. They have an abs sensor in them. You have to fish the harness into the knuckle as you put it in. It's easy. Pay attention to the backing plate orientation as you pull it off. If you put it on wrong it'll rub the rotor. Also the abs harnesses that runs up the a arm on those like to break and give erratic signals or drop out. They make repair harnesses if needed.
13mm bolts hold it on if I remember correctly. And I think a 34mm cv nut.

You shouldn't have any problems.

Had the same hub assemblies in my Malibu, replaced them twice in the five years I owned it. Pretty simple to replace really with air tools. A friend and I replace it in an hour or so with the impact to get the axle nut off.

I got one for free a few years ago, not so impressed. My free gas weed eater still works great after I put $10 into it. Now I put 21 into it because I put a blade head on it versus a string head.

stumbled on an old pickup box trailer at melissas grandparents house today while we were exploring. at first i thought it might be a military trailer, but after further inspection, it was most definitely an old model a box of some sort. it was fairly light...i could lift it on one side by myself. i'm going to offer him some cash for it, but i'm pretty sure he is just going to give it to me...looks like i won't be building a trailer this summer after all

It's that weird metallic almost color changing green that they only did in 02. Insurance will cover it, just need to make sure the body guys match the paint right.
PJR Onyx Green? It was 02-04 at least, one of my coworkers got sideswiped by some idiot on the highway and has exactly the same color, hers is an 04. Apparently it's only on 1% of WJs in those year ranges, I haven't seen good donor doors in the junkyard in 6 months. Of course, my neighbor like 4 houses down owns one and I keep seeing them driving around.

Yup pretty much the same. They have an abs sensor in them. You have to fish the harness into the knuckle as you put it in. It's easy. Pay attention to the backing plate orientation as you pull it off. If you put it on wrong it'll rub the rotor. Also the abs harnesses that runs up the a arm on those like to break and give erratic signals or drop out. They make repair harnesses if needed.
13mm bolts hold it on if I remember correctly. And I think a 34mm cv nut.

You shouldn't have any problems.

pretty much this.

They also like to corrode the body connector at the drivers rear floor and cause all manner of fuel level sender and ABS issues. Some genius decided to put the open end of the connector right where kids put their snow covered boots.

PJR Onyx Green? It was 02-04 at least, one of my coworkers got sideswiped by some idiot on the highway and has exactly the same color, hers is an 04. Apparently it's only on 1% of WJs in those year ranges, I haven't seen good donor doors in the junkyard in 6 months. Of course, my neighbor like 4 houses down owns one and I keep seeing them driving around.

Yeah that would be it. I've seen less than a handful of them since I got it.

I want another set of the chrome bling bling wheels but every Midwest set is flaked.. I got rid of mine after the 15th time I sliced my hand on them.

ypu5yzus.jpg

Last edited:
Tonneau vs cap, school me.

I know nothing about tonneau covers.
Does something like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snap-On-Ton...es&fits=Model:S10&hash=item5d4c3500eb&vxp=mtr
leave that rear bar in place when you drop the tailgate and roll up the top? Is it easily snapped out so it's out of the way?

I was going to find a cap, but then I thought about what a PITA it would be to take it on and off, so a cover might work best for me. Really I just need it so we can take it places and not have crap get wet in the rear, and so I can transport planes to and from the flying field/reservoir.
a shortbed s10 from the late 80's is nearly identical in box size. Does anyone think that a 1/4 of difference in width is going to make it not fit? The old s10 cap I had fit the 87 perfectly. hat one has a clamp on frame, cause I'm not drilling the bed rails, so if it has to come off as a unit as least it's something one person can undo and move.

from the big list:
S10 82-93 75" 60 1/4"
Comanche is 75x60 on the dot.

maybe roll up is the answer?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-1993-C...es&fits=Model:S10&hash=item233ae83c0c&vxp=mtr

Last edited:
My dad has a cap on his 01 1500 Ram and I can take it off and put it on very easily with the wood frame he built to store it on. There is four clamps that hold it on and that is it. If it is just RC planes you are hauling, I would stick with a tonneau though. I like the cap on his truck because it is the high back side and I can put almost any furniture, mowers or anything else in there.

I am aware of how a cap is fastened. I used to have one.

I'm not building a frame that takes up room so I can store it. I have enough shit in my driveway. Which means that removal becomes a two person job.

My dad has a cap on his 01 1500 Ram and I can take it off and put it on very easily with the wood frame he built to store it on. There is four clamps that hold it on and that is it. If it is just RC planes you are hauling, I would stick with a tonneau though. I like the cap on his truck because it is the high back side and I can put almost any furniture, mowers or anything else in there.

Your a BEAST!!!!!

I can't take my topper off by myself.

Back