• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

So I was wheeling in Harlan this weekend...

We had a very bad roll in our group, a custom bobbed 4 runner went over 2.5 times across the side of a ravine on crawfords cry and stopped feet short of falling over the hill onto a line of rigs below. If they went over that cliff, we would have needed the helicopter. That section was not very bad, just a mud hill climb out of the ravine, I have taken many groups through there before. Three people were in the rig wearing their seatbelts and by pure luck everyone was ok, just sore and scared. Just a reminder to always wear your seatbelts and put a cage on any rig you are going to wheel hard.

Wow glad everyone was ok!

So I was wheeling in Harlan this weekend...

We had a very bad roll in our group, a custom bobbed 4 runner went over 2.5 times across the side of a ravine on crawfords cry and stopped feet short of falling over the hill onto a line of rigs below. If they went over that cliff, we would have needed the helicopter. That section was not very bad, just a mud hill climb out of the ravine, I have taken many groups through there before. Three people were in the rig wearing their seatbelts and by pure luck everyone was ok, just sore and scared. Just a reminder to always wear your seatbelts and put a cage on any rig you are going to wheel hard.

Molly showed me the pic of yours and I said "so? probably can't even tell" :D Then she showed me the 4Runner... wow. For not having a cage it held up great. Hopefully the guy isn't too freaked out by the whole thing.

Put a new timing chain on the 'burb this weekend since I suspected it was stretched. Sure enough, picked up 6-8 degrees of timing. Turns out it's not all that slow when the valves are opening at the right time. Unfortunately I screwed up putting the oil pan back on and now it's leaking at the back of the pan :( Now this weekend instead of starting on the 3-link I get to drop the front diff to re-do the pan gasket.

Molly showed me the pic of yours and I said "so? probably can't even tell" :D Then she showed me the 4Runner... wow. For not having a cage it held up great. Hopefully the guy isn't too freaked out by the whole thing.

Put a new timing chain on the 'burb this weekend since I suspected it was stretched. Sure enough, picked up 6-8 degrees of timing. Turns out it's not all that slow when the valves are opening at the right time. Unfortunately I screwed up putting the oil pan back on and now it's leaking at the back of the pan :( Now this weekend instead of starting on the 3-link I get to drop the front diff to re-do the pan gasket.

Maybe it'll get better mileage.....Oh who am I kidding, its a 454! :D

Maybe it'll get better mileage.....Oh who am I kidding, its a 454! :D

If it goes from 9 to 10, that's still 11%! I want to change the O2 sensors and get it running as well as I can, then send it off the PCM to get tuned. It might be petty but I don't think I'll be happy until it will burn the tires off.

Then I'll sell it.

Stuff at work just got interesting. my younger brother was on the oil rack here, his last day was yesterday (gave notice and everything) the other oil guy didnt like the fact that they are hiring a kid who has never picked up a wrench and starting him at the same pay that he is making now and just walked out.

Rew'hiring'Ster

Stuff at work just got interesting. my younger brother was on the oil rack here, his last day was yesterday (gave notice and everything) the other oil guy didnt like the fact that they are hiring a kid who has never picked up a wrench and starting him at the same pay that he is making now and just walked out.

Rew'hiring'Ster

You should go be the new oil bitch so we can take vacation time together:eeks1:

You should go be the new oil bitch so we can take vacation time together:eeks1:

they'd have to pay me a premium price. but shit the tools are in the jeep right now...

plus with me gone id have to deal with shitty parts guys.

I now have a grandson!

Hunter, born 5:33pm yesterday, 9 lbs 1 oz

If it goes from 9 to 10, that's still 11%! I want to change the O2 sensors and get it running as well as I can, then send it off the PCM to get tuned. It might be petty but I don't think I'll be happy until it will burn the tires off.

Then I'll sell it.

That's the Brad Nabholz way! :D

I want an L18/8.1 Vortec in the worst way... dunno what I'd put it in. Probably something really stupid :D

Back