• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Well came to work today at 1:30 after a good long 4 day weekend to find my car trailer gone. Reported it stolen and claim on insurance made.

Awesomeness I tell ya.

Depending on how strong the bed cap is you can just sorta crawl under it and then stand up while steadying it on your back, get two ends slid onto the rails, then readjust and shuffle it on. That's what I did anyways.

Depending on how strong the bed cap is you can just sorta crawl under it and then stand up while steadying it on your back, get two ends slid onto the rails, then readjust and shuffle it on. That's what I did anyways.

That is what I did with the cap on the s-10 I had.

I didn't like the old man status so I changed to a flush mount tonneau cover. If you get the same style I had then it would probably fit better on a slightly smaller bed.

looks like roll up style is the ticket. Pop the latch and the rear bow rolls up with the cover, leaving the bed unobstructed.

Local place quoted me $300, I think I'll chance it on ebay for $125.

It will probably look better than cap anyway.

Tonneau vs cap, school me.

I know nothing about tonneau covers.
Does something like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snap-On-Ton...es&fits=Model:S10&hash=item5d4c3500eb&vxp=mtr
leave that rear bar in place when you drop the tailgate and roll up the top? Is it easily snapped out so it's out of the way?

I was going to find a cap, but then I thought about what a PITA it would be to take it on and off, so a cover might work best for me. Really I just need it so we can take it places and not have crap get wet in the rear, and so I can transport planes to and from the flying field/reservoir.
a shortbed s10 from the late 80's is nearly identical in box size. Does anyone think that a 1/4 of difference in width is going to make it not fit? The old s10 cap I had fit the 87 perfectly. hat one has a clamp on frame, cause I'm not drilling the bed rails, so if it has to come off as a unit as least it's something one person can undo and move.

from the big list:
S10 82-93 75" 60 1/4"
Comanche is 75x60 on the dot.

maybe roll up is the answer?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-1993-C...es&fits=Model:S10&hash=item233ae83c0c&vxp=mtr

The one I had on the F250:

http://undercoverinfo.com/new_classic.php

No shit weighs 58 pounds. Even your tiny feminine ass can put it on and off by yourself.

So I was wheeling in Harlan this weekend...

We had a very bad roll in our group, a custom bobbed 4 runner went over 2.5 times across the side of a ravine on crawfords cry and stopped feet short of falling over the hill onto a line of rigs below. If they went over that cliff, we would have needed the helicopter. That section was not very bad, just a mud hill climb out of the ravine, I have taken many groups through there before. Three people were in the rig wearing their seatbelts and by pure luck everyone was ok, just sore and scared. Just a reminder to always wear your seatbelts and put a cage on any rig you are going to wheel hard.

Last edited:
Yup pretty much the same. They have an abs sensor in them. You have to fish the harness into the knuckle as you put it in. It's easy. Pay attention to the backing plate orientation as you pull it off. If you put it on wrong it'll rub the rotor. Also the abs harnesses that runs up the a arm on those like to break and give erratic signals or drop out. They make repair harnesses if needed.
13mm bolts hold it on if I remember correctly. And I think a 34mm cv nut.

You shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks man...
I'm wondering now if this hub is why the wife has a service soon light, that she just told me about. One of the few sites I found that described the process said something about dropping the lower ball joint and the tie rod off.

Re: Re: Important

Thanks man...
I'm wondering now if this hub is why the wife has a service soon light, that she just told me about. One of the few sites I found that described the process said something about dropping the lower ball joint and the tie rod off.

Check the control arm bushings, they are common issues

Thanks man...

Yes. No on the BJs unless from her and besides checking the bushings also check the wires.

We had a very bad roll in our group, a custom bobbed 4 runner went over 2.5 times across the side of a ravine on crawfords cry and stopped feet short of falling over the hill onto a line of rigs below. If they went over that cliff, we would have needed the helicopter. That section was not very bad, just a mud hill climb out of the ravine, I have taken many groups through there before. Three people were in the rig wearing their seatbelts and by pure luck everyone was ok, just sore and scared. Just a reminder to always wear your seatbelts and put a cage on any rig you are going to wheel hard.

The CORE "prez"? heard about that. X2 on the seat belts! And cage.

anyone know anything about the ford f150 7700 xlt models??? found one here for 1400 that needs a head gasket...regarless its in pretty good shape and its a 5.4, so there are plenty of donor options if its fubared...

i heard it was equivalent to the light duty f250's they made up to 99...not great mileage but made for towing. i'm going to see if i can go check it out. having the mj has made me remember how unbelievably useful it is to have a truck in the fleet. i'm going to be pulling the mj in the garage to do a bunch of body and interior work to it over the winter, so it would be nice to have a truck while that is down...plus for that price i wouldn't feel bad beating the tar out of it as a hunting/wood hauling mobile. i may go up there with $1000 and see what happens...

The 7700 F150 is kind of an odd duck. They only made them for one or two years. It has an odd 7 lug bolt pattern and some of the parts specific to that truck maybe harder to find, I'm not positive on that.

It would be fine for towing.

Head gaskets could be interesting as the 5.4 in those body style of trucks is a royal pita to work on. If the exhaust manifold bolts haven't been replaced yet, you might as well plan on replacing them, they all rust and they are major suck to work on.

If the price is right and you got nothing but time...

mac 'all about the Benjamins' gyvr

Iirc a friend of mine's dad has like 4 quintillion of the front rotors for the 7 lug 2wd f150s in his stash, he buys up car parts at auction and makes decent money selling them on ebay. He can't move the 7 lug ones to save his life. Next time I see him I will get you part numbers for what he has if I remember

Re: Re: Important

Saw the pics...glad everyone was okay!

Good morning jeep fans!

I took tomorrow and friday off. so I had a 3day weekend, worked 2 days then a 4 day weekend!

win.

most of this 4day will be working around the house. daughters 1st is tomorrow, so we will spend the day playing with her, then it is get the house ready for the bday party on Saturday. got a bunch of half done projects the wife wants done.

Back