• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Once I get a DD, I probably won't have as much issues wheeling and stuff. Considering before I turned 17, I couldn't change my own oil in my own vehicles. Now I can do basic tune ups and brakes. I am getting there. At least the XJ is one of the easiest vehicles I worked on.

This was my first time wheeling this XJ. It was 01-01-2000.
I had owned it a week. It still had the paper tag in the window.
jeep2.jpg

This is last weekend. Lots and lots of $$, dents, blood, sweat, tears...its been fun, but its made me broke along the way.
2e4459c5.jpg

Make it a second vehicle or getting a dd or getting a tow rig just makes it that much more expensive...

mac 'don't regreat it for one second' gyvr

Make it a second vehicle or getting a dd or getting a tow rig just makes it that much more expensive...

mac 'don't regreat it for one second' gyvr

And then you wheel once with the freedom of a DD or knowing you brought your own tow home... It gets worse. You won't ever want to wheel any other way.

terre...

rock sliders!!!

there are xjers that build there jeep up real nice and only take them on easy trails, not so much in the MWC (or NAC from what ken displayed) but there out there somewhere... florda maybe.....

That's what I do! Lol.

I put all my money in my junk and don't wheel!

K "this summer will be different........ maybe" man

And then you wheel once with the freedom of a DD or knowing you brought your own tow home... It gets worse. You won't ever want to wheel any other way.

Yup to the first, yup to the second, yup to the third.

- Ken "already thinking about getting a real trailer to replace the dolly" Stein

Xj is dewinterfested. The only damage I got was a little dent and two scrapes on the front passenger door and a scrap dent on the rocker below the drivers door. Sorta was in the shock of it after it happened so I didn't wheel on Saturday. Now, I am rethinking that decision. Maybe a small lift (budget) will give me enough distance to avoid any rubbing on green.

trade ya your dents for mine?

and the nice looking vehicles without damage come from guys who have been wheeling a LONG time and have improved the skill set required. That said, even the best drivers out there get damage now and then....heck I get a new dent every trip.

Rev

x2. I washed mine today (gasp!) and found a lot of new pinstriping and a couple dents. Doesn't mean I babied it, it just takes a long time to build driver skill. I had to remind myself how to drive a rig that was open/open after having a fully locked/skidplated XJ. There are many guys out there with a ton more skill than I, it just takes seat time. This is the midwest, there are trees everywhere :D

i dont care about dents,dings,scrapes,scratches,broken lights,burnt bacon,smashed bumpers,flat tires,broken alternators or a busted ego cause i cant make it up something. slightly care about broken glass but that's fading. i dont want to roll it or taco fold but those worry's are gonna go away as soon as i get a cage and frame plating. this is my daily driver.

life's to short to cry over spilled beer

2715936d.jpg

1993 Ford Mustang GT 302 v8 84k miles auto, wants to trade me plus some cash for the baby jeep...

mac 'gonna do it if the car is decent and he wants my jeep after he drives it' gyvr

Baby seats don't really fit in the back of a fox body! :wave:

Once I get a DD, I probably won't have as much issues wheeling and stuff. Considering before I turned 17, I couldn't change my own oil in my own vehicles. Now I can do basic tune ups and brakes. I am getting there. At least the XJ is one of the easiest vehicles I worked on.

I tried that and i'm still driving the XJ........:dunno: once you get a DD you'll then have 2 vehicles to work on. I got my first dent the first time I wheeled it.I get made fun of for mine being too pretty but its wheeled hard enough! :D

I tried that and i'm still driving the XJ........:dunno: once you get a DD you'll then have 2 vehicles to work on. I got my first dent the first time I wheeled it.I get made fun of for mine being too pretty but its wheeled hard enough! :D

Plus you have to pay for insurance, registration, plates, maintenance, maybe a car pmt. on a 2nd vehicle

The guy in the nac who wheels the least has a DD and it hasn't stopped him from not working on his jeep while complaining about it... in the least.

Baby seats don't really fit in the back of a fox body! :wave:

I keep telling her that...she wants one...

mac 'this would be a good trial run gyvr

I am still trying to get over the first scratch on mine.

Unless the first scratch was on the header panel, hood, floor or dash I think you got an "out of sight, out of mind" kinda thing going on! :D

Back