• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How old are you?

-How old were you when first started to wheel?
16 in a 2wd 94 dodge Ram flying down back roads at 60 mph- realized I wanted somthing that will actually leave the road and get me somewhere- got my '97 XJ 2 years ago
-How old were you when you joined NAXJA?
became forum user at 18 in Aug- couple hundred post later and I decide I wanted to get into this off roading, so I sent in my money and can't wait to start trail ridin with some people- by the time my memberships activated I'll be 19 on Nov 8

Started wheeling with an old M-38 we had, when I was old enough to reach the pedals.
Graduated to a 56 GMC 4X panel truck, then built a really ugly, 64 Dodge Lancer station wagon 2X with a 60 rear, push button Load flight and a 392 Hemi, lifted about 6" for funnnnnnn, in the desert. Have always had a Jeep of some flavor around.
Not a member yet, if I mail in a Euro Check, will the bank know what to do with it?
A beat up 56.

Started driving flat fender 41 army surplus Jeep Willy's in 1968. I was 10 years old. Drove on old logging roads on the coast of California :sunshine: in the Jenner Cazedaro area deer hunting with Pop.

I registered with NAXJA in 2003.

I'm 46

Last edited:
1) 12... Great Grandma died & left my father a 67 Jeepster with 8000 original miles. We still have it with about 8500 original miles.

2) Found this site at the time when the XJ list fell apart & NAXJA was formed. I was lurking & trying to decide what type rig to get after selling a CJ-7. I finally joined in 02

30) I'll turn 31 at the end of next month.

Matt

Starboard M said:
Simple questions...........
1. How old were you when first started to wheel?
2. How old were you when you joined NAXJA?
3. How old are you now?

Started when I was 4 or 5 trail riding with my dad in his 2 Willy's Jeeps. Since I could drive I've done trail riding (muddin basically) until now, and I drive the real trails now.
Joined NAXJA at 27, now 28, and time is going to damn fast!!

Started riding with family at around 18 months or so.

Learned to "drive" at 9. Dad wanted me to be able to get us out of our hunting area if something happened to him.

Lurked for a while and joined the old site about 6 months before the Big Change.

Fergie

Bought my first XJ about 6 years ago (a '91) which was lost in an accident 3 years ago. Have had the '96 since then.

Became a paying member of naxja about a year ago after years of soaking up all the info I could stand on here and JU.

25 now.

Bought a 1983 Blazer K-5 in about 1995...$1400. Never wheeled it...just work and back so I could keep my Grand Prix GTP off the MI salt and snow in the winter.

Got the XJ in June 2000 for $2000 and took my first trip in August of that year. I was 26.

I'm 31 now and still running the old '85.

Started wheelin at 19 when I picked up my XJ.
Joined up at NAXJA withen the week
And, i'm 21 now

:wave:

Tylor

I was concived in a Jeep,been wheeling ever since.
Given my first jeep at 16 Bought my first one when I was 19 Bought my XJ 5 years ago.
31 now.
Don't need to tell you when I joined...just look upper right.

Wow, I forgot about this thread. Looking back, its scary how young most of us are. Somehow I thought that half of the guys on this board we 70+ and sitting in nursing homes thinking about the good old times :laugh3:

Back