• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How old are you?

1) 16
2) 17
3) 18

First car was the XJ. I've beaten the crap out of it but it still runs like it's brand new.

I'm 18, but I think like a 2 year old and act like a 7 year old.

weeee :clap:

19 in my first XJ....'88 Chief 2Dr. RIP :bawl:

Found NAXJA when I bought my 3rd and current XJ '98 Classic (had another '98 Classic, a YJ, and a couple of TJs and 3 VW GTi's in between there) in December '03... still haven't sent the $$...gotta do that.

27 now.

Lots of great info on this site.... lots of great looking XJ's too....too bad DCX didn't understand.

1. When I personally started to wheel? Would have been around 18 or so when I sold off my POS S-10 and got an 87 Yota X-Cab. I'd been driving tractor on the g-parents farm since I was 11 or so.
2. When I joined NAXJA, or when I found the NAXJA Forums? I joined last year at 34, but have been on the NAXJA Forums for several years now, since about 2000 or 2001ish I guess. If you want to join, ya gotta be 18 and go here https://secure.naxja.org/html/naxjamemberapp.htm
3. Old enough to know better, but still too young to care.

wheeled with Explorer buddy(older Boy Scouts) in the mid 60s. He had a CJ something.
Had child #1 around the time I saw my first XJ. It, along with the mini-van, were the big car news in the mid 80s.....
Guess I have know about NAXJA for about 4 years.....went to Cherokee Crawl with stock XJ, met Heather, Kevin, Woody and others...........
Now I am old enough to have 2 kids in college and remember watching Elvis on the Ed Sullivan show with my Mom (she wanted to know what all the fuss was about)

1. I was 18, some of the people will remember my 1st trip (Ary)

2. Found NAXJA in something in '02

3. 20 now, 21 in OCT.

1. grumppas 47 willys, dads 50 willys when i was little
2. bought my xj in 02
3. joined naxja jan o4 after i found my mag that had it as a feature.

1. just a toddler in dad's pickup muddin in fields. Finally got my own wheels ATV style in 84
2. i was 25 when I found naxja. this was earlier this year when I bought my first xj.
3. I am 25 12/05/78

1. Started wheeling a 94 Geo tracker at 16, soon as I got my license. First running in the sand washes then rock crawling/trail running (stock, so nothing too hugely intense...) at Charouleau Gap and Cheeva Falls outside Tucson AZ. I think they're rated around a 2-3. Might be the later parts that hit 3 cuz I'venever been all the way through except to the Falls at Cheeva.
2. 21 when I found NAXJA and 21 when I joined
3. still 21

Wow! Do we really want to know?

I was 15 when my dad and I bought a dune buggy, then he bought a flat fender, and I bought a Willy's wagon when I was 17.

I bought my first XJ 11 years ago, and joined NAXJA 5 years ago.

I'm 53, going on 25. :D

I'll post just to remind Richard how old he really is.

1. Driving on dad's lap around 4. Got a little ATV buggy at 5. Started playing in the desert around our farm at 10 in a 47 CJ-2.

2. Bought my XJ in '93 when I was 18. Lifted it the first month. Miss that old Trailmaster/Tomken/?. Should have listened to Hinkleberry way back then.

3. Lurking here during origination (don't even remember what year that was, '98?) but didn't become a member until '01. I'm a little shy. I'm 29 now.

Got the XJ at 15
Found out about NAXJA at 17
Joined at 18
Im 20 now

:cheers:

1. Depends on your Definition of wheeling. I used to drive go-carts through the mud when I was 8
2. 14 when I got my XJ for $700 to fix up as a first car
3. 15 and 10 months - On 3 months from full liscence Status

My first "car" was a '47 CJ-2a,
My dad was always chewing my @$$ for getting it stuck somewhere,
I was 15 when I got it.

My first XJ was in 94 I got an '88 Waggy

I found NAXJA on the inside cover of JP back in the winter of 02-03,
They did an article on the upcoming 20th aniv. event.
Had to print off the membership page at a friends house 'cause I didn't have a computer.

Joined in 2003 at 35 years

I am now, for those of you who can't or don't want to do the math, 36

I will never be the same! :gee:

For me I got my first taste of wheeling in 1987 when my dad bought his very first 4x4 (1987 Dodge Dakota), I was 10. Bought my MJ (2wd) in '96 wrecked it in '97. Bought my XJ in '97 when I was 20. I think I had it in a gravel pit before I even took it home. I'm 27 now and just recently found the forum, haven't scraped up the money to join yet, probably soon though.

Tony

37 - when I fisrt bought my XJ

37 - About a year 1/2 ago I found :NAXJA: but have not become a
mem.gif
cuz there are no Canadian Chapters. :dunno:

39 - man that umbers hittn 40 too fast.. :tears:

XJ91 said:
have not become a
mem.gif
cuz there are no Canadian Chapters.
That's a lame excuse for non-support. We in the midwest went for years with no Chapter.

Back