• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How old are you?

1. Driving in the woods on my Grandad's tractor at around 10
2. NAXJA member at 43 :repair:
3. 45 now/going on 18!

1. 27 - soon after I got my XJ
2. 30 - in time for fall fling 02'
3. don't ya hate story problems!

I learned at age 10 in a Datsun PU, tractor and anything else that had wheels at my Grandparens ranch in Lucern Valley. After age 16, my Wife and I would wheel anything we had in San Timoteo Canyon. Let me just say that those early Capris were a pretty good little hill climbers and fire road racers. :D

I found NAXJA in 2001 when we got the XJ. Read the boards for a year and a half before doing ANY mods. I don't like spending $$$ twice.

I sent in my $$$ and joined in March of '03. I'm currently 42 years of age.

Do the math.:greensmok
Tim B.

Last edited:
1. First started wheelin in a cousin's old J-20 pickup at the age of 9 on powerline trails of Cartersville Co. VA. Been hooked since....
2. I've been lurking since late '00 when I first got my XJ, never joined the forums til Apr '03 and paying member as of earlier this year....
3. Nov=21.

1. When I was 16 I got my first car, a very rusty '59 Peugeot station wagon. The Peugeot 403 had a transverse-leaf front suspension and flexed like crazy. I took it in the woods all over New England, in places I would hesitate now to take an XJ. I only got really stuck once, totally high-centered with two wheels off the ground, and had to call my dad to pull me out with his CJ5. I did remove a lot of unnecessary bits from the bottom of my Peugeot, such as jack supports and a few feet of rocker panel. I didn't know I was wheeling then, of course. I still don't wheel, officially. Just don't pay a lot of attention to where the traveled part of the road ends.

2. Can't remember. A couple of years ago. Joined, lapsed, joined again.

3. 56

Simple questions...........
1. I don't know if I have ever officialy wheeled. I did take my 89 Mustang up
Mt. Yona in North Georgia. That was about 1992. It was kind of like
wheeling. I was the only non 4x4 up there.
2. 30
3. 30

-Copperhead

learned in a 77 plymouth volare' with the slant-6...
first wheeled when i bought an 89 XJ in 96.. i was 26....
found NAXJA shortly after i bought my current 99 XJ in 2002.. joined spring of 03..
34 now...

1. First wheeled with my Dad in his 78' CJ5. He bought it brand spankin new with am radio and all for $7,000. I was 7 at that time.

2. I was 16 when I first wheeled myself in my '83 Ford Bronco II.

3. I was 30 when I bought my XJ. It was the day I kicked my ex-wife to the curb. And I was 32 when I found NAXJA in Nov. 03, I joined up early 04. And I'm still 32. :patriot:

1. I was 12 or so and wheeled for the first time in a family friends 75 Jeep J20 pickup.(just bought an identical one, love that thing!)
2. 23-24 when I discovered NAXJA, will be a supporting member soon.
3. 26 soon

-14 in the mountains of Colorado in a '49 CJ2a 3 speed. Boy that was fun a the edge of the mountain with no gaurd rail, or doors, and being my first time with a stick, let a long offroad.
-inherited the jeep at 15
-16 when I found and joined
-17 currently

-11 or 12 when I learned how to drive on some hunting trails in my Dad's full ton 4 door lifted chevy scottsdale extended bed pickup, man that truck was huge 2 big gas tanks! big v-8 too!

-22 got my 2000 XJ:loveu: 23 when I found NAXJA, I'm joinin soon, I'm hooked learned more in 6 months than 23 years!

- 23 now

Back