• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How old are you?

Played in Dad's Jeeps when I was a tyke, and played in friends' as I aged.
Bought mine in '99.
Joined NAXJA in '04 (but started reading it in about 2000; sorry for the lack of support! gulp)
34 now.

My first driving experiance at age 7 on a Montgomery wards Lawn tractor. First offroad rig at age 12 a 1978 four door chevette (doors removed) with angle iron bolted to the back tires. What a hill climber. 19 vehicles later with a tj somewhere in the middle,I got my 93 xj last Nov. for $1000. I've never loved a rig more!

I just got my membership confirmation today

I'll be 35 in Feb

1. Don't remember for sure. Before 15 tho. An old Waggie 360 with two bad cylinders we used to plow the lane when we lived in the nasty ass snow in Ohio.

2. Started visiting the site roughly 5-6 years ago (age - 38 or so) with some lapse time in there. Never joined for several reasons. I no longer wheel, don't drive on 4 wheels unless I have to (been on two wheels since I was 13 or so) and can't afford to. My XJ is a 2 wheeler BTW and driven by one of my daughters.

3. 43 now.

Sarge

offroadxj07 said:
1. probably around 8
2. 15
3. 16.... i get my liscense in 9 days 9 hours and 55 minutes

not that I am keeping track
Thats what I did too when I went for my licence. The last couple of days I was going crazy. Just wanted to be able to drive my Jeep around everywhere.

staterd wheelin when I was 22 in a beat up 82 AMC Concorde.258 straight six complete with leaky valve cover.Bought my XJ when I was 30 And immediatly stated wheelin w it.Im 32.5 right now.

offroadxj07 said:
1. probably around 8
2. 15

good thing i dont live in colorado nor do i pay your new insurance bill

offroadxj07 said:
1. probably around 8
2. 15

I remember standing in line at 6 AM waiting for the DMV to open the DAY I was allowed to get my permit. And then trying to drive my dad's car with a manual trans. to school that same day. Doh!

I fart dust.....I started to wheel in 86' @ 16 in a cj7
I found Naxja in 00' maybe?
If you're hot, female, young , and in a bar....I'm not a day over 26
most of the time I'm 34 though...

Starboard M said:
Simple questions...........
1. How old were you when first started to wheel?
2. How old were you when you joined NAXJA?
3. How old are you now?
1. 14 in my dads POS Dodge Tradesman van. He was with me cruising around in the muddy fields down by the river.
2. 39 (just a forum user so far)
3. 39

1st wheeling experience as driver-30.
Ummm, I think 32 when I joined NAXJA.
I am currently 33 and like long walks on the beach.

First time offroad was in 1979 when I was 7 in my friend's dad's Landcruiser. FJ40? I remember to this day them getting "mad" when I called it a Jeep and didn't know better!

Back