• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How old are you?

Starboard M

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Simple questions...........
1. How old were you when first started to wheel?
2. How old were you when you joined NAXJA?
3. How old are you now?

For me,
1. I started to wheel in my Jeep when it was my dads. I think I was about 5 or so.
2. I joined about 4 months ago, so I was 16.
3. I'm now 16, but almost 17.

- 12, in a Fiat 127. Was taught to drive in it with the phrase, 'there's a field, go drive in it.'

- 30. Bought my XJ on my 30th birthday, hung around for a few months, joined up.

- 30, still. And 31's approaching faster than I expected it to.

Damn G, Yer just a pup! How'd you get to be So Cal Prez with all them old farts out there?

Let's see.....

-'Bout 30 when I got my first XJ for the trails.
-31 when I joined.
-35 now, 36 in October...... yikes.

hmmm......drove my first Jeep when I was 15 (not sure if it was officially "wheeling" but it will do) spent some time with some other vehicles to get me where I had to go, then bought my xj in 2000, started wheeling it a year or so after that. Joined NAXJA somewhere around 2001-2 .... I'm 52.(going on 12 :laugh2: )

1. 18 '76 CJ-7
2. 38yo when i found this site
3. 39yo now

16 with a Subaru wagon, 18 with a 1st year XJ, 19 with a K5 Blazer.

33 when I found NAXJA

Almost 38 going on 16.

1. I wheeled in my mom's '91 Subaru Loyale wagon, 1.8 4-cyl, 5-speed, pushbutton part time 4wd when I was 17, bought my '97 XJ when I was 18, wheeled it stock for awhile.

2. I joined NAXJA in September '00, when I was 22, but had been researching Jeepology on JU prior.

3. I am 26 now.

Started wheeling at age 8 helping neighbor haul firewood in a '75 Cherokee with a 360, and the roof removed behind the front seats due to a falling tree.
33" tires in 1980! The only thing left of the roof was over the front seats, and the upturned wing on the back to keep the sides from collapsing. 'Bed' area lined with steel grate. Rear hatch gone too.
Top was spelled Tarp.
Started wheeling my own Jeeps in 1989, and first wheeled a modded XJ in 1995.
I joined NAXJA a year and a half ago.
I am 32.
Tkae care, and have a good time with your A&E biography.

lets see,-------------------------------------- well,-----------------------hmm,------- i havent really done to much yet:rattle: but thats going to change asap:exclamati i was 25 when i bought my xj
and 27 when i joined
and 27 now

oh and if it will help counter ballance the lack of experence on wheeling i was about 10 when i started to drive

5 years old driving the tractor in the fields of Wisconsin. Then driving my drunk mom home from the bar is madison sitting on phonebooks and using a broom handle for gas and brake :wow: I know I scared a few people in my time. 14 test driving cars for my grandfathers transmission shop. 15 got my license and a 73 SS nova. Lost my license 3 times in 2 years! Rolled the Nova so I bought a new s-10. Wheeled the piss out of that for 200,000 miles. Drove miscellaneous vehicles till the XJ. Wife told me no more motorcycles because I had to many injuries and I needed to be here for the kids. Now I roll XJ's I mean wheel them.

Surfed the site 1st time in Dec 02
Purchased XJ in March 03
Joined NAXJA in March 03

Grew up on the ranch in the mountains so I started wheeling at around 10 or so with a 2 wheel drive ford pickup and just never quit. I've been running a Cherokee for about 7 years. Joined NAXJA about a year ago. I'm 52, which my wife says is old enough to know better.

1. Got my first vehicle (XJ) at 16 and explored some canyons in the Death Valley area (before they closed the roads for the desert preserve)
2. I was 23 when I decided to fork over the $$ for membership (after lurking on and off for almost 2 years)
3. I passed the quarter century mark almost 2 years ago.

16, started in a Dodge colt(did not it was wheeling at the time).
my first XJ when I was 28, joined NAXJA 2002
33 now.

13 in grandpas cj5
got first xj early this summer, had a cj5 on 35 inch claws before it, a 91 camaro before the cj, and i paid for all of them and what ive done to all of them.
still only 17 tho, my brother and i have a thing about going thru vehicles, hes 19 and on #7, im 17 and on #3 niether of us has wrecked one or sold it cause i had something wrong, we just get tired of them, i think im gonna hang on to the xj tho, and get a beater s-10

kolby

10 in dad's '88 XJ
Started lurking before I got my own XJ in '01, but didn't join until last year
I'm 20 now.

First wheeling was 2 years ago in Moab.
Bought my XJ and joined NAXJA this past year.
I'll be 44 (albeit, a VERY immature 44) this Sunday.

Back