• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heres what I did today...

Went doorless.
081.jpg

Yes, and so are the flares.

If you ask the state police (around here atleast) there is not a definitive law on the doors. I got pulled over for it once but didnt get a ticket for the doors.

What my dad's TJ looked like when I took it apart.

TJ_Frameswap_123.jpg

What it looks like now upon reassembly. I would have got the tub on today had I not started feeling like crap.

TJ_Frameswap_362.jpg

Its slow going, mainly because I only have weekends to work on it now when I drive back to my parent's house.

Looks very nice and clean.

My brakes have always been somewhat spongy after I did my HP44/XJ44 swap. Got better when I put discs in the rear, but still, my 4:1 lo over power my brakes. (ask Dundy, he experienced that). I would make sure your rear drums are properly adjusted, you have calipers on the correct sides, and just keep bleeding.

I have done a shit ton of stuff to the XJ over the last month... I will list when I finish. :)

dodge ram master. look at rcman's build .

The dodge ram master is too big for my brakes, im looking into a durango MC.

I run one on mine. D44's front and rear with 5,13's and a 4:1. Works great in most cases, but I can still drive through the brakes on STEEP downhills. Do some reasearch on it in the mod tech forum, you should be able to dig up plenty of info.

ok a list of stuff I did over the last few weeks pics to follow tonight.

lowered the front 2"
trimmed more fender off
new hardlines on the rear axle
painted all primer spots
rewired roof lights
rewired bumper lights
fixed tire swingout
relocated washer bottle and horn
installed new 8.8 diff cover

To Do list:
instlall hydro assist
install rail shifter
fix door speakers
install borjla muffler

my neighbor has been giving me a hand throughout the whole process and he just bought a XJ 2 days ago.

I haven't posted here in a while...

This past weekend I:

--Replaced cruddy O2 sensor
--installed home-made cowl sorta-CAI. (I'll put some pics up later since that seems to be the norm for this thread)
--replaced the drivers side floor (though, I still have to weld it up. It's only being held in place by self-tapping screws and some waterproofing expanding foam)
--Installed new exhaust manifold. I had one of the usual cracks, almost 360 degrees around the 456 leg of the Y.

I think this coming weekend might be brakes...I've been wrenching for years now, have built three of these things and still I don't like the idea of touching the brakes. I don't like the idea of bleeding the lines without a vacuum.

Anyway, with the new O2 sensor, the CAI, and the new header, I am seeing 15-16 city/highway and 20 or so on a long highway trip; and that much with 4.5" on 32" tires. That's a much better increase from the 9-11 I was seeing the week before!

Back