• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heres what I did today...

nifty spot for the oil pressure sender, I forgot the wranglers have it over there... what are you gonna do for mounting the coil pack?

oh, I am retarded. How did I miss those mounting bosses?

:dunce:

Waiting on motor mounts, so i tore the head off the old engine just to see how damaged it was and if it's scrap. Few pics of the broken piston and cylinder wall, no gouging but you can see where the missing skirt rode.. i'll measure it and see how out of round it is.

The upper bearing half on the rod was well worn too.

WJpiston2.jpg

WJpiston1.jpg

WJcyl2.jpg

WJcyl1.jpg

... what are you gonna do for mounting the coil pack?

sounded like a good question at the time

Bolt it right back on..

.. and here I am giving Ken too much credit...

I'd clean the paint off the mounts before I bolt it on-- the rail's gotta ground to the head to function and I don't have faith in the bolts to make it happen.

Thanks Shorty.. that had entered my mind but you confirmed it. I'll make sure i do so.

Non Jeep work. Son, his buddy and i did some work on the house this weekend. Finished the newer porch by adding the vinyl soffit, boxed in above my bay window, and did the overhangs. Get more soffit material for the back then install new gutters.

housework2.jpg

housework1.jpg

I'd take the leaves down, one of the best ways to pass time is to watch birds fly into bay windows :thumbup:

mounts should be there tomorrow, sorry I couldn't get them out sooner

I'd take the leaves down, one of the best ways to pass time is to watch birds fly into bay windows :thumbup:

mounts should be there tomorrow, sorry I couldn't get them out sooner

Thats a daily occurance almost. The Mrs has her seed and nectar feeders close by as she likes seeing them. If i could only keep the squirrels from dumping them..

Thats fine, i appreciate the hook up Doug! Weather looks like everything will sit till friday anyway. Thanks again!

Got a sick deal on a tailbone, missing a brace but PO didn't run it and had a 35 on it, finished putting it on today

IMAG0097.jpg

still have to slit the stock bumper for the d-rings to shoot through, also saved myself 60 bucks by spraying my wheels and lugnuts hammered black, came out pretty good

Thats a daily occurance almost. The Mrs has her seed and nectar feeders close by as she likes seeing them. If i could only keep the squirrels from dumping them..

Thats fine, i appreciate the hook up Doug! Weather looks like everything will sit till friday anyway. Thanks again!

get a foot length of 2" PVC pipe, drill three holes (for zip ties to hang from) on the top side and hang it from/around where the squirrels climb up

stops them every time, we used it on our 30 bluebird houses and haven't had one get up the pipe in 6 years

Cleaned up and ready to install...almost. All four motor mounts i have are cracked pretty good, i dont want to wrestle with them later so i'll wait for a new set. Was hoping to hear this run this weekend.. I'll just detail more than i probably would have.

WJenginepainted.jpg

is that the POR-15? That stuff takes some work to remove-- I think I gummed-up a million sanding disks trying to smooth a floorpan in a Mustang I did for someone. I'd take a razor-knife and score it before hitting it with any sandpapers.

that is a sexy motor. some of the sensors i see dont make sense... what year is it?

Teachin the stepson about painting. this is what we are starting with...

2011-09-03_14-27-18_619.jpg

Showing him the areas we had to sand (he is pointing out the areas he thinks we need to sand)

2011-09-05_10-12-46_15.jpg

Showing him how to hold the sand paper

2011-09-05_12-09-12_507-1.jpg

Letting him take a shot at it

2011-09-05_12-09-16_539.jpg

Last edited:
Today I pretended to be a mason:
312225_574326927362_29101008_31991562_3162536_n.jpg

That whole wall was down to about 2" above ground level. You know it's bad when you can take the sill plate out with a spade and a claw hammer, and disassemble the foundation wall by lifting the stones off and brushing the mortar away. At least it's solid now.

Teachin the stepson about painting. this is what we are starting with...

Showing him how to hold the sand paper
Awesome! Great getting them started early.

Aren't you NOT supposed to sand with you hand/fingers on auto paint type work. Block it man, block it.
Today I pretended to be a mason:
Nice Ken, you sure have a project in that house!

Awesome! Great getting them started early.

Aren't you NOT supposed to sand with you hand/fingers on auto paint type work. Block it man, block it.

as long as you clean it before the paint is applied, to clean off the grease and everything. besides, this particular job is just temporary till i get another hood cause a PO cut vents into it, looks horrible, water dripping on all of the wires, then the guy i bought it off of took the vents out and put plates... i figured it was a good "get him interested" project

as long as you clean it before the paint is applied, to clean off the grease and everything. besides, this particular job is just temporary till i get another hood cause a PO cut vents into it, looks horrible, water dripping on all of the wires, then the guy i bought it off of took the vents out and put plates... i figured it was a good "get him interested" project
Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of ridges from your fingers and not a smooth sanding surface, but then again I'm not a body guy. :laugh:

Anything you can do to get them interested can't be a bad thing!

Back