• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harbor freight 9" HIDs

Dont do it!! Buy some Hellas... .either 500 or 700 and convert to HIDS.. much better option.

They have decent output.. most that tell you they work awesome, typically have not run a better light such as a Lightforce, Soltek or Hella. Just food for thought.

Dont do it!! Buy some Hellas... .either 500 or 700 and convert to HIDS.. much better option.

They have decent output.. most that tell you they work awesome, typically have not run a better light such as a Lightforce, Soltek or Hella. Just food for thought.

Tony s right on. You would be better running one (Cyclops) Hella that multiple crap HID's. The reflectors are no good.

How much do you want for em Ryan? I have a guy offering to sell me a pair for $100 NIB for the pair I'm gonna need 2 more for the light bar. Why are these frowned apon just cause of the beam pattern? I have 2 hella 500ff on the front bumper and they work good for what they are but the reason I want 9" is to fill the light bar so it doesn't look silly and for $100 for a pair of 9" HID it can't be that bad of a purchase. I was looking for some hella rallyes but I don't wanna spend the $100 a light cause it's out of reach. $100 a pair is reasonable I just don't wanna get these and my 500ffs be brighter...

I know that you get what you pay for but at that price could you pass it up?

just go for it anthony. If your not satisfied, sell them on craigslist or ebay.

X3 on what Tony said. Go look at Justin's lights on his Tundra Anthony. While he says they work bitchin, they really don't. My Halogen Soltek's put out way more / better light than his HID's. They have a SUPER flat pattern, with no real spread. Also, both of his lights turned in the housings, so his patterns are like this: / /

Eventually, but I need four 9"ers for the light bar if I put the 5"ers up there it will look funny cause the light bar was made for 9"ers if that makes any sense?

Eventually, but I need four 9"ers for the light bar if I put the 5"ers up there it will look funny cause the light bar was made for 9"ers if that makes any sense?

Buy two hellas... they are on sale for $100 a piece on Amazon right now.. then save and buy another two, then repeat and buy conversions.

For about $500-$600 you will have a significantly better light, with conversions. How much are you looking to spend anyways?

As little as possible, I'm a cheap ass plus I don't wanna spend a grip then get jacked I live in a rough area now. To be honest I'm not looking for the best possible light, I'm just looking for the best bang for my buck with decent performance. I like my 500ffs don't get me wrong, Id get more cause $50 a pair is a deal in my book and they perform great for $50... it's just a 5" light in a bar made for a 9" light is like throwing a hotdog down a hallway. I'm not that guy ;) they don't nessasarly have to be HID but a 8-1/2 ~ 9" is a must. Where are the deals at besides eBay and CL?

Sounds like filling the whole is a bigger concern than performance. If that is the case.. go for the Kragens... they look a full 9" , and will fill up your pockets.

Your original post asked about durability and output, which is why you got some of the responses posted.

I cannot find these on HF website? Link? price?

Sure Lightforce lights are Extreme.. But so is the price..

Is it hard to get lenses for the rallye 3000 lights? I can get a empty pair of housings for $30 but no glass...

Shit that's a deal I'd totally grab those if I had the cash! But I owe Jim some monies, I don't wanna burn him to grab some lights. Maybe I can see if my friend in Vegas will pick em up and ill pay him when I go out there/he comes here... Damn why did you have to show me that lol!

Not much to the conversion Eric, it can be done in about 20 minutes. the hardest part is fitting the plugs through the housing if you can't fit the ballast inside. if you have a housing that also comes as an internal ballast HID version, they you're all set, its easy.

I can do it for you, or show you how, but tony is probably closer to you.

Back