• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harbor freight 9" HIDs

I have a pair of the 7" ones from Rugged Ridge (same as Kragen just different packaging) and they're super bright. They've got a long range beam that grows as it gets further away. Not really very good at short distances, because it's very focused, but at distance it is fairly wide. More of a flat beam vs a normal round beam. a guy over on jf said he tested them at a shooting range and could see targets at the 500yard mark and trees and stuff past that, using just one light.

:doh:

I do like these lights, not a huge fan of their covering, i think it makes them look tacky.

Update:

I couldn't find a 4th HF HID so I ended up selling a pair to Grandrunner for his front bumper. Then came across some awesome deals on 4 Hella 4000s 2euro 2pencil for about $250 :) got them all wired in thanks to Paul Airhart for helping I couldn't have done as nice of a job without your help!

Wiring:
62dd7f9c.jpg

Placement:
ac0594f1.jpg

Poser pic:
feb04a51.jpg

I'll get some pics tonight of them turned on, have to aim them. :)

Nice wiring, where did you get the bus bar and fuse box?

now call me or tony and throw some HIDs in those bad boys and you'll be seen from space :D

I plan on it but after my re-gear, I already have it worked out with tony. :)

I didn't have time to aim them but I got another poser pic:
e3e00ba4.jpg

:piratefla

Back