• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hampton Roads M&G

Ok im following ya. Ill be sure to buy all my parts off ya

so my normal rag tag runnin crew just cancelled their GWNF trip this weekend. hopefully gets rescheduled soon and we can get the crew bigger. Any takers?

might happen-- still lookin' for that elusive 4.10:1 D44 gearset that comes with set-up for nothing.... we'll see!

just got back from acquiring a second mortgage for the M&G food..... who knew you could spend $120.00 at Wal Mart and still need to stop at McDonalds on the way home for something to eat?:(

Tomorrow at noon, we'll see if it was worth the trip:smoker:

well what else do ya need. i can pick up whatever.

Flex contest photos!

Not pictured: the winner, second place, the stockers, everyone but me and shorty.
Shorty!
2011-09-24_14-16-25_259.jpg

The clear victor! My secret is having just the right number of missing parts. ;)
2011-09-24_13-52-08_989.jpg

Hondas are jealous of my tucked wheels.

Opening your hatch increases flex. Everyone knows this.
2011-09-24_13-55-04_157.jpg

Last edited:
you cheated-- you can't carry a spare axle for ballast:gee:

p.s. how'd it smell on the way home with the extra couple quarts of axle lube on the floor?

those of us who got there on time :)smoker:) had a quick picturefest--
L to R: Jared/scarylilguy-- Shorty/Shorty-- Chris/don't think he's on here-- Virginia/not here-- guy who I've known for a year or two but have no idea what his name is.

meet-n-greet.jpg

Jared testing the new fenders:

fendertest.jpg

All in all a good time for a crappy rainy day in Norfolk, Va. It was nice to get together and shoot the poop about Jeeps and stuff. Burgers and dogs were good after the back-up grill arrived..... started too early with the first one and burned it out before we ate:twak:

Would anyone ever be interested in a wrenching party this winter? When I get back from deployment this winter I need to trouble shoot a surging issue. Also need to replace a belt tensioner and A/C compressor. Haven't seen any other posts about that in the HR area.

Would anyone ever be interested in a wrenching party this winter? When I get back from deployment this winter I need to trouble shoot a surging issue. Also need to replace a belt tensioner and A/C compressor. Haven't seen any other posts about that in the HR area.

I'm all for it-- and I'm sure others will chime in too. As the time gets closer, we'll set some plans up.

I'm all for a wrenching party! Ill need to do gears and ARBs soon, sitting in the closet isn't productive. Had a good time in Jacksonville, would rather been seeing how well I flex. Once the books balance out from this weekend I'm ordering leafs, shackle and relocation boxes, I'll come by to flex it to measure for bump stops and shocks. What tools do we have between us? I have basic stuff and a 1 inch drive impact gun, anybody have welding and cutting tools?

sounds good. i have a few issues ive been neglecting.

Ill need to do gears and ARBs soon
I've got nothing for setting up gears:dunno:
What tools do we have
hand tools and air tools to do almost anything ('cept gear set-ups)
and a 1 inch drive impact gun
very nice-- I'm assuming it's not a typo (1" gun)

cutting and wrenching shouldn't be a problem-- I've never been afraid of buying something if I know I'll use it again:yelclap:

I think, price pending, the stuff to do gears, as I would rather that then the actual cost of gear being done, but who knows how to? I cant afford to donate my heep for research and learning for this. But if somebody has experience and we can all learn, yes I'm ok with it, besides I'm sure a few of those things are laying around my engine rooms waiting to be stolen cause nobody know what they really are... And its not a typo, I do have a hip fire style 1 inch gun I acquired a few years ago. Who's garage?

Back