• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hampton Roads M&G

so, shawn, you goin to sea this monday?

yea, for a month. to include trip to Mayport and some where in Alabama

oh, yeah. We will try to get a trip planned while your gone:looney:

this underway I'm going to oder leafs and a new track bar. install those and my hiem steering when i get back. Any you guys had gears done around here? Last winter Ricks Car Care did an engine swap for me, was going to look at them again for the ARB's and my 4.88s. unless you all know somebody better?

they did a great job on rebuilding my d35. quoted me $400. ended costing me $525 after parts. horrible price, but what do you expect in hampton roads.

but........... ricks just screwed my friend and his bronco. truck spent 6 months there for a valve body replacement. on top of that we had to find the parts, then once we found it, they wanted him to pay extra cuz it was a customer purchased part.
grand total...........1200 + rental car 2 months, and borrow car 4 mo.

i dont like ricks anymore.

yea ended up taking them another week to do my engine swap... Pungo off road said the go to a guy down the street, anybody know him?

I've been in the area for almost 20yrs (yikes, that's kinda depressing) and have not found a better shop-- honest, skilled, and family run. I would recommend them to anyone who wants something done right and understands that it sometimes costs a little more to get good work done.

http://www.bressauto.com/

Well as for the M&G I have no preference on time, but I can bring some grub if someone is bringing a grill. Depends mostly on how tomorrow goes I suppose. If I can't get the dang front end back together, and the shocks in, then I probably won't be taking the XJ anywhere!

time is no issue here either. dont know what kind of times everybody likes so i'll just say a few and see if some one bites

A: 10:00
2: 12:00
and third: 1:00

time is no issue here either. dont know what kind of times everybody likes so i'll just say a few and see if some one bites

A: 10:00
2: 12:00
and third: 1:00

I guess in the spirit of narrowing it down I'll say Noon, but any of those times work for me.

so seeing as we three (minus shawn) seem to be the only ones interested, noon it is.

ANYONE ELSE IN HAMPTON ROADS?!

still on schedule here. propane grill wont fit in the jeep. i can pick up a couple 12 packs of soda.

I'll pick up a cheapie grill from K/Wal Mart and some dead animals to burn/cook on it. I guess we'll play it by ear fro there-- no telling what we'll want at the time and who'll bring what.

I did invite a few others, but haven't heard squat from most of 'em. Maybe we can gather funds from the others when/if they show up.

So, these jerks just informed me that we are going to be in NEXT weekend. Hope its a good time. Being at shortys store hopefully other XJ owners stop by and by time I make one we'll have a good crowd.

I'm gonna grab some chips, sodas, and a bucket of potato salad. Fair warning: The Jeep is a TOTAL mess right now. I've got an axle in the back hhaha.

So Shorty! Where is your shop?

8215 Hampton Blvd
Norfolk, Va 23505
(757) 489-1125
Advance Auto Parts 1 mile south of the main gate to the Navy Base.

Where ya coming from? I can probably get you there even through the "floods.":eek:

I'll probably be there anytime after 10:00-- if it's pouring, we'll at least get the grill going and stuff our faces-- if it dries out, no telling what's going on.

Shorty, do you own or just run that store?

all stores are "company owned"-- I'm just the H.S.I.C. (head schmuck in charge)

I get paid based on how well I keep the bills paid and how well I exceed the unrealistic expectations of people who haven't even opened their hood in the last decade.....

I guess it's a good thing I like what I do and am good at it, or I'd starve:gag:

Back