• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hampton Roads M&G

Posted some things for sale, you guys save me on shipping so let me know fast.

Jeep needs rear brakes for inspection, and some marker lights, that was working the day before... anybody care to help do the drums with me tonight?

Jeep needs rear brakes for inspection, and some marker lights, that was working the day before... anybody care to help do the drums with me tonight?

Come over to the house. We hook it up. Ill be home around 5. Not too late is it?

great, ill go get brakes off shorty, do you have the spring tool? and ill bring beer.

Shorty, you didn't I wouldn't came down there with out getting your attention even if i needed a mask and gun (water gun), no worries Ill be down soon enough. Jarred, could we just shove the brown/yellow wire into a different fuse holder, and block off the one thats grounding?

Shorty, you didn't I wouldn't came down there with out getting your attention even if i needed a mask and gun (water gun), no worries Ill be down soon enough. Jarred, could we just shove the brown/yellow wire into a different fuse holder, and block off the one thats grounding?

I was thinking the same thing last night. We will have to look at the fuse block to find a circuit unused. Anything is possible when you put your mind to it. Lol

soo.... I cut the wire, go to advance, get one of those jumpers with a fuse, stick the male end in to the female end, stick the bare male ends together, crimp and apply one of those rubber hoses the shrink with heat, good right?

soo.... I cut the wire, go to advance, get one of those jumpers with a fuse, stick the male end in to the female end, stick the bare male ends together, crimp and apply one of those rubber hoses the shrink with heat, good right?

almost...make sure you dont use any of the bad fuse block wiring. you will have to splice into the fuse block hot wire then put the inline fuse between the hot wire and the load wire (signal wiring, brown with yellow stripe). that would do the trick.

ah crap, what you coin tomorrow?

Shorty, will you still have that battery tomorrow? Hopefully I can drop in around 1ish or so.

Thanks Short, Im gonna be running late, gotta wait for my buddy to get off watch at 3:30 to get his car keys, so, I will hopefully be in around 4.

OK Jared, I swapped out the fuse box, I knew it wouldn't fix it once I found dirt on the back of the old one, figured even our Jeeps didn't come with factory mud. But I swapped it, and alas, it doesn't work. So I'm going to run a jumper wire from the passenger side and up the amps on the fuse.

hmmm... this issue is puzzling. i want to take another look at your fuse box. upping the amprege on the fuse is not a problem solver. unless the previous owner added more lights or some kind of load to that circuit, there should be no reason for the larger power draw. Also, that circuit is still showing less than one ohm to ground. that being said, it will blow whatever size fuse you put in there, either that or heat the wires to the point of smoke and fire. bring it by the house, maybe i missed something.

Last edited:
Thanks for the battery Shorty. It was nice to meet ya', you'll be seeing me again, once I decide to leave the house.

With Doc Holiday back we need a M&G. Doc, which stand down you taking?

Came by your place today Jared, nobody was home, around 2ish. Went to home depot and got some wire and clips and after fiddling around with some home made jumpers I came to the conclusion the bad spot is a cut wire upstream between the plug and fuse box. I clipped in wire splicers between the left and right sides, and all lights came on... HOWEVER... So does the front turn signals... getting very tired of this...

Back