• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

Meh, no worries. The response was prolly hyper sensitive to it with everything happening. Plus you happened to post that in middle of a magazine price gouging conversation. I am surprised to hear they deleted it. In what way was that against the rules? Not in For sale section or sumptin?

$30-$40 does seem to be the going rate for these things at the moment so I suppose it is a price people are paying for "in stock" pmags. As somebody mentioned, charging 3 times the normal cost is not nearly as bad as charging 10 times the cost like CTD is doing.

If you don't mind waiting a few months for your order to come in, take a look at the link I posted earlier. I have been getting shipments in for between $10 and $12 bucks for PMAGS (little more for Gen3). Of course, they are overwhelmed with orders at the moment, but they are shipping. I should have my next order shipping very soon.

I should say I am starting to wonder if I will get my final order in by July...not sure how that will work. Will they be legal if I purchased them before the ban but they did not ship till after? I am assuming it will probably be based on manufacture date?

Last edited:
I dont know what the deal is with CTD. I just ordered 6 mags for my daily carry at 20 bucks a mag in stock. This was cheapest place on line that had them in stock. They have them at pre end of the world prices. Maybe they are just cranking the price up on the AR mags to keep the other orders shipping. :dunno:

GUNS & AMMO

I won't order anything from them ever again. I don't care if they are the cheapest place on the planet by half. They need to be boycotted out of existence.

I realy dont think its that bad. I have ordered several things from them over the last few months and everything was fair prices. Just because they jacked up prices on AR mags just like most companys did I dont see a reason to boycott them. just my opinion.

And we should boycott those other companies that jacked up prices for panic buyers too. I think it is, "really that bad".

I have purchased from CTD in the past and never will again. My money will support the "little guy" out there that stood by their customers rather than the dollar. It becomes clear to me whitch businesses see the dollar in your hand and which companies see the hand holding the dollar, if you catch what I'm tryin to say...

Last edited:
I would agree if they raised their prices on everything they sold related to guns and ammo, but they have not. They have only raised prices on a select few items. Like alot of companys and manufacturers have. Has anyone contacted them to ask why the price increase on these items? Maybe they payed alot more just to have them in stock? If you want to support the little guys get offline and go purchase your items from you locally owned shops and keep your money local.

If you want to support the little guys get offline and go purchase your items from you locally owned shops and keep your money local.

I see nothing wrong with supporting good companies in other states. True spending local supports your local economy and is a good thing...but I have no problem supporting good companies in other parts of the country. I just choose to purchase from good companies when I can and absolutely agree with Dr Moab that this would be a better world if CTD croaked..imo :)

Because they raised a few prices you would rather see them go under? I shop at my locally owned gun store. They sell the same box of ammo that walmart sells. The small shop charges 4-5 bucks more for the same item. So should I stop shopping there and send all my money to walmart who doesnt have anything in stock?

speaking of which...this recently arrived. $125 for the windowed lot.

Hard to believe people are paying the same for a SINGLE magazine at CTD!

DSCN0155_zps60e7c37c.jpg

GUNS & AMMO

They are taking advantage of people's panic. Most companies are competing with everyone else.

There is a HUGE difference between marking up prices due to supply and demand and just gouging people. They are gouging and I don't care if its on one item or everything they sell.

Because they raised a few prices you would rather see them go under? I shop at my locally owned gun store. They sell the same box of ammo that walmart sells. The small shop charges 4-5 bucks more for the same item. So should I stop shopping there and send all my money to walmart who doesnt have anything in stock?

there is a big difference.

Raising the price on something to absolutely ridiculous prices simply because you knwo desperate people will pay it IS taking advantage of people and shows you care more about every nickle you can get out of somebody than building a strong customer relationship.

In the end, I am not trying to convince you. This is my philosophy and the way I operate. If you want to shop at CTD because you care about different things then by all means, do it.

Back