• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great American Jeep Rally

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The fourth annual Great American Jeep Rally will be held this year on Sunday, 19 September. Location will be the Spencer Fairgrounds in Spencer, MA. The North Atlantic Chapter hopes to have a NAXJA table or booth at the event this year. Last year's event was reported to have drawn more than 600 Jeeps (not all Cherokees), and this year's will likely be even larger.

Check it out, and try to attend if you can. We'd like to get more recognition of NAXJA as a club among the other Jeep clubs and off-road organizations in the northeast. Anyone who could come and volunteer to spend an hour helping to staff a NAXJA info booth/table, please contact me.

The entry fee is $10 to show your Jeep, most of which goes to charity. Spectators are free.

Link:
http://www.baystatejeepers.com/jeeprally/BSJ_rally_04/index.htm

i'm there... i assume you have been in touch with the people running it and have a lil info about running a table there... watcha got for NAXJA propaganda?? get that banner from chris if you can too.... gues its too late to get it for the "MADNESS" run... i will be entering my trail rig in the "ugliest jeep" category... we could also use some UFWDA and Tread Lightly!! stuff too..... i should be able to put in some time at the table.. we can talk it over this weekend with earle too....

Last years rally was my first and it was great. Thats actually where I heard about NAXJA and then started visiting this site regularly. I was hoping to be able to go and actually meet the people that help me out on this board, especially since I'm going to college 10 minutes from the Spencer Fairgrounds, but I have to go see my girlfriend in Rhode Island that wekend.

Whoever can make it though, I highly suggest going, it was a load of fun.

Anyone know of any wheeling in the Paxton/Spencer area?

Dean

The organizers are going to provide a table for NAXJA. I will be there with literature to hand out. Anyone who can donate a half hour or an hour to provide relief at the table will be very welcome.

Those who plan to enter their vehicle for judging, follow the information provided by the organizers as to where and when to enter. For the rest of us (if there are any rest of "us" besides me), they are happy to have us park in a group but they are not set up to reserve a section of the lot for a group of unknown size to straggle in. Therefore, if NAXJA folks are going to attend and wish to park with other NAXJA folks, we need to meet off-site and arrive together so we can park together.

I am not familiar with the area, so I don't know where might be a good meeting place. The directions to Spencer from southern Connecticut will bring me up I-84 from Hartford to Sturbridge and onto Route 20, then north to Spencer. If anyone else is coming up from the south on I-84 or across I-90, we could rendezvous at Sturbridge and convoy up from there.

Who's interested?

Who all is going? I think for anyone looking to upgrade parts or just getting ready to build a rig, this will be the place to be. I will be sporting my digital camera and crawling under all sorts of Xjs for front steering ideas.

Anyone else plan on doing the same?

Doug...

Dunno who besides me and SidRipTide plan to go. That's why this thread -- to assess interest.

Unless something comes up at work, I or we will be there. We're trying to work out a conflict with a possible birthday party either the day before or the following weekend.

I would REALLY like to go, and get a chance to meet some of the other NAXJA members... oh yeah, i guess i'll look at some of those... what are they called?... ummm... JEEPS!!! while im there. If I can make it, I would love to take over the table for a half hour and provide some relief for someone. I have to check with the future-wife to make sure the schedule is free, i think i remember her mentioning Rosh Hashana or something is coming up (I really need to start keeping track of these Jewish holidays) But hopefully I will be able to attend, which If I do i would definately be willing to help out with representing our chapter.

??? If i go, do we park our vehicles where the booths are, or are the booths separate from the vehicles? I am only wondering because I would register my nearly stock jeep just to chip into the cause and charities (assuming i can re-instate my insurance by next weekend to drive it), and it would be nice to have it with other NA Chapter rigs if there was a specific area designated for us. Sorry to be a PITA, just trying to get a little better idea of how it works.

This is the first year the event will be held at the Spencer Fairgrounds, so nobody but the organizers know what the setup will be. In general, expect that spectator vehicles will be "outside" of the booths, and show vehicles will be "inside." If you're going to enter, just show up and go where they tell you to go. I don't know if they put all the Cherokees together, or divide the pack based solely on level of modification.

For the rest of us, if we get a number of folks who will attend we can meet somewhere away from the fairground and arrive together so we can park together.

not sure what time i will be able to get there but i'm hoping it's bright and early.. i will probably know friday.... and provided i dont break the trail rig it's going in the ugliest jeep category..... if i have the kids with me i cant promise a whole lot of time to the table.. if its just me i can give you most of the day..... hey eagle.. do you have alaptop pc that can run a slideshow??? i can bring a cd with a ton of pics to run as a loop.. i'm not too familair with the spencer area either but i will talk to some people and see where a good meeting place is...

Mike --

My older laptop won't run a slideshow, and the newer one (which is hardly "new" ) is dead -- courtesy of Microsoft.

You're enytering your rig, right? So you'll go with the "competitors" -- for the rest of us, the organizers said they're happy to see us park together but they can't reserve a section of the lot for us, so if the spectators among us want to park together we have to show up together.

Unless someone has a better suggestion, there's a McDonalds in Sturbridge at the intersection of I-84 with Route 20 (just west of Exit 3). That would work for folks coming up I-84 or coming either direction on the Mass Pike. We could meet there. It's probably 20 to 30 minutes south of Spencer -- what time do y'all want to meet up?

if the gates open at 9am we should meet by 8am.. i know the mcdonalds and i will most likely run Rt 20 all the way there because i dont do highway in the trail rig.... so i expect to be there 730 745 ,......

Ugh. That means I have to leave here by about 6:00.

Oh, well. Who needs sleep anyway?

I'm hoping I can make it to this, if I do I'll meet up with you all in Sturbridge, sounds like a fun outing. HEy Eagle if it's any consolation at all, I have to leave even earlier ;-0

Have fun guy's. I wish I could make it, but hte timing is bad for me as usual. I ended up taking on a Sunday shift earlier this year, and have been regreting it.

I do hope that one of these days I can get out and meet some of you guys.

-Copperhead

JeepinAudiophile said:
??? If i go, do we park our vehicles where the booths are, or are the booths separate from the vehicles? I am only wondering because I would register my nearly stock jeep just to chip into the cause and charities (assuming i can re-instate my insurance by next weekend to drive it), and it would be nice to have it with other NA Chapter rigs if there was a specific area designated for us. Sorry to be a PITA, just trying to get a little better idea of how it works.

Hello NAXJA...... Looking forward to seeing many of you at The Great American Jeep Rally this year.

With regard to the Judging - we'll have 5 to 8 judges from various clubs walking around doing the judging, no pre-registering is required. Not to worry, we'll have all categories covered from the Purdiest Jeep to the Best Build to Classic and Military - even one for the Ugliest Piece of Cr.p you've ever seen ;)

Your club table area will be ready when you arrive (don't forget your banner;) ).

Again, looking forward to seeing all you Jeepers on the 19th (rain or shine ;) )

Best,
Marty Chacon

ps...if anyone is interested in helping out with running the Rally, please drop my a quick e-mail [email protected] . The Jeep Rally is run entirely by volunteers and we could use as many as possible.

i plan on being in attendance as soon as i figure out where spencer is, i'm in ashburnham but i'm pretty sure i will take 31 all the way out there. I have a few questions though, are there going to be events, vendors, etc...? I just don't really know what to expect

Mike

mylilchero said:
i plan on being in attendance as soon as i figure out where spencer is, i'm in ashburnham but i'm pretty sure i will take 31 all the way out there. I have a few questions though, are there going to be events, vendors, etc...? I just don't really know what to expect

Mike
Try the link in my initial post. That should take you to all the info, straight from the organizers. This will be my first time, so I can't tell you what to expect.

mylilchero said:

Mike

Here's a little more information we sent out a few months ago. We've added a few things since then - two RTI Ramps, Teetor-Totter and a ROCK GARDEN. We'll have food venders, kids face painting and ALLOT of raffle prizes. Move to bottom for directions to the Spencer Fairgrounds.

This link http://www.baystatejeepers.com has lots of pictures from the last couple of years (click on the Jeep Rally button). We're at a new location this year which is much bigger and allows us to more fun stuff...

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Great American Jeep Rally – 2004

Baystate Jeepers, Inc. proudly presents its 4th Annual Great American Jeep Rally on Sunday, September 19, 2004 from 9 AM to 4 PM in their NEW LOCATION at the Spencer, MA Fairgrounds. (Rain or Shine!)

The Rally brings in 500 Jeeps of all types, as well as 1,000 spectators to raise money for charity and continue its efforts in supporting the NorthEast Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs (NEA4WDC).

This year, the North American Wolf Foundation, Inc. of Ipswich, MA will benefit from portions of the proceeds, as will the NEA4WDC. These charitable donations are the four-wheelers way to give back to the wilderness, which our sport uses and enjoys with their families as Off-Highway Recreation.

Join us for another fun filled day of the best and worst Jeeps around New England. As always, it is limited to strictly Jeeps. Any Jeep, regardless of condition, to include: off-highway, street, military, antique, custom, and so on, may be entered and trophies will be awarded for selected categories. There will be a “best of show” trophy this year, so wax it or not, but bring your Jeeps on in.

The newest 2004 and 2005 Jeeps will be displayed for your viewing enjoyment. Learn about Jeeps and talk with their owners. Check out the latest in aftermarket gear. See what works for these Jeepers and take those ideas home with you!

Participate in or watch the events and competitions. Win raffle prizes. Visit our Jeep supply vendors (new and used), and purchase tee shirts and other “cool Jeep stuff”. Food vendors will be on site.

The members of the Baystate Jeepers, Inc. and the member clubs in the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs have been enjoying Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation (OHRV) on permission grated land over the last several years. These clubs and others like them have removed literally tons of illegally dumped garbage from our natural areas. Our members practice the principles of tread lightly®, respect private property and always leave with more than they go in with.

Please join us on Sunday, September 19th at the Spencer Fairgrounds, conveniently off Route 9 in Spencer, MA from 9AM to 4 PM. For more information,
please e-mail: Sharon Perron at: [email protected]
or Pat Charron at: [email protected].

To help make this day a grand adventure, you can volunteer to work a couple of hours by contacting: Marty Chacon at: [email protected] .

So come on by, stay and play awhile.
(All dogs MUST be on leashes at all times, please!)

Please, view and enjoy the photos from the 2003 Jeep Rally at: baystatejeepers.com

Also, visit: http://www.spencerfair.org (for directions),
http://www.wolfhollowipswich.org and
http://www.nea4wd.org for information regarding the Rally recipients.

See you at the 2004 - Great American Jeep Rally!
Baystate Jeepers, Inc.

Back