• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great American Jeep Rally

thanks for the added information... is the teeter totter only available to people that paid the fee? I hope to have my jeep back on the road for the weekend, I have wanted to try to do that for so long. Anyways, can't wait to see the turn-out... i'll be there Jeep or not...

Marty.... You got mail.

JeepinAudiophile said:
thanks for the added information... is the teeter totter only available to people that paid the fee? I hope to have my jeep back on the road for the weekend, I have wanted to try to do that for so long. Anyways, can't wait to see the turn-out... i'll be there Jeep or not...

It's a $10.00 donation to enter which goes to a good cause. RTI's, Teeter, Rock Garden, Entrace package and everything else is included...

If you don't bring your jeep, there is a huge parking area right outside the fairgrounds for all visitors to park. We do not charge for spectators so 'com down regardless.. It's always a blast!!!

Best,
Marty

Sounds like it is going to be set up the same as it has been in previous years. You pay your $10 if you have a Jeep and they let you park inside. It can be a bone stock Jeep and there usually is a good number of them, or any kind of Jeep. There are always tons of Jeeps all kinds everything from Postals, FC's up to new shiny off the showroom floor, just to remind everyone this isnt just for offroad Jeeps, I believe there is even an award for show and shine for those who prefer wax instead of mud.

I will be at the Rally. I'll probably be at the NE4WI table or helping out Marty. I'll try and stop by the NAXJA table and say hi!
See you guys there!

Mark Bettez
NE4WI Treasurer

Well, I'll be running the rock garden between 1 and 3 so I better see some of you XJ guys up there kicking butt!!!

See you sunday!
Mark Bettez
NE4WI Treasurer

Here's something that sucks... The Worcester magazine has info on the jeep rally, but they say that it is on Saturday in the paper...(it's the free publication that is put out all over worcester)

does anyone who is going have a laptop PC that can run a slideshow so i can bring a CD with some pics that we can run as a loop?? thats the problem with doing so much work with digital cameras.. you never have any photo albums to carry around..

How many photos? I can probably print some up on our photocopier...

i lost Eagles phone# and i need to let him know i may not make it in the AM to the meeting place... i hope someone reads this before heading out in the AM.... i will most likely show a lil later in the day,

Got it. See you later.

I hope someone meets me in Sturbridge, or else it means I woke up at "oh dark thirty" for nothing.

I didn't find the NAXJA table... i don't believe that it existed(atleast not before i left)... although I believe that i saw Eagles jeep over by the club tents towards the end of my time there(I left at 1:30) And i did meet one NAXJA member (my first) but my dumb-@$$ can never remember names! Nice guy working on the staff, carrying a BFH around! OOh well, i saw a lot of jeeps, and watching the ramps proved to be quite amusing. I watched as a tube frame crawler nearly maxed out the larger of 2 ramps there, after fully maxing out the first one. Oh well, guess i'll have to meet other members on the trails!!! --Chad--

I too looked for a NAXJA table but couldn't find one. Awesome show though it really got me dreaming about what to do to my stock cherokee. If you watched the RTI ramps then chances are you saw the newer TJ Sahara (or what's left of a TJ) sporting the full widths, long arms and like 42's demolish the big RTI ramp. He kept losing coils though, that thing was sick!!! Awesome show though my first and the first of many to come, thanks for the advice guys.

Mike

There was a NAXJA table, but it self destructed shortly before noon. I borrowed a canopy from Earle, but the ground in the club area was so hard that tent stakes couldn't penetrate more than a couple of inches. Our canopy took flight, came down hard, and snapped the hydra connection at one corner.

Art Triggs was helping me man the table at that point (thanks for the company, Art). We had received exactly zero inquiries about joining NAXJA at that point, so when the thing fell apart we decided discretion was the better part of valor, packed up, and went to look at some Jeeps.

Sorry I missed y'all. Yes, that raggedy, faded blue Cherokee in the club area was mine.

And, yes, I did awaken at oh-dark-thirty for nothing. I ate a lonely breakfast at the Mickey D's in Sturbridge before motoring on to the fairground.

It was quite a show, but the XJs were severely outnumbered. I hope next year we can get a larger contingent of XJs to show up, and perhaps park together so the XJs don't get lost in the crowd.

I never found the NAXJA table :( I had volunteered with JonFund and worked the NEJeep.org RTI ramp with 93XJMark all morning and couldn't get away until about 1pm so I only had time to make a quick circuit before I had to go.

It was an amazing event, I couldn't beleive the turnout, over 400 Jeeps. Everybody who organized it and volunteered did an awesome job. Eagle I saw you from a distance and I ran into Art and Doug and a few Chicken Run regulars and I came in with Earl, Steve, Artie, Brandon and others...but you're right there weren't a ton of XJ's! Great time anyways! :roll:

-Bic

My 735 :looser:

RTI735.jpg

I had a great time. I got there on Saturday and started getting things ready. Camped out in the barn, and got an early start setting up.
Worked the NEJeep.org ramp with Bic most of the day. Thanks Bic! I didn't get to meetup with Steve, but did see Earle, Artie, and Eagle.
I talked with quite a few people that were checking out my red XJ at the NEJeep club display.
Can't wait till next year's rally.

Well Eagle ya didnt get up for nothing, I was up at ohdarkthirty as well, promptly over slept 1/2 hour, Missed Eagle at the mickeyd, (even tho he was there) (I shouldnt drive in my sleep I guess :confused1 ) so hightailed it over to the fairgrounds, we tried setting up Eagle's tent fly , that was a bust , set up Earl's canopy, which lasted about an hour and a half before it got blown away, after that we bagged it, and rambled around looking at Jeeps, it struck me that there weren't that many xj's there, the ones that were there were all interesting, Steve's rig is looking better every time I see it :D but all the cj's, yj's and tj's built up on 33's looked the same after a while - the two coolest rigs there for me were the two firetrucks that were there, one still in service and an old fc brush truck fully equipped that looks like you could get another 50 years out of it. after 1:30 I was helping score at the rti, the crawler that maxed the ramp out was awsome, the stock rubi that tried the ramp was funny - scored below 500 both ways, bic's XJ, and the other that ramped were both pretty respectable for the build on em' Any way it was a fun day and nice to see you all again. ;)

Damnit, I looked around all afternoon for the NAXJA tent. Now I know why I couldn't find it. I didn't meet anyone but I did see Tekka on the ramp, right after that killer tj.

I was parked right next to the NE4WI tent and had quite a few people stop and comment about my jeep. I heard lots of comments from people regarding the number of cherokees and how they couldn't believe there were so many. I guess we're just used to them while others aren't that familiar with lifted cherokees!

The rock pile was retarded except that it made a nice jump for my buddy Rich in his yellow TJ! That was great! He also almost made it to the top of the big rti ramp, granted the rear tire was off the ground but he gave it hell before the ramp nazis shut him down!

Overall it was an excellent event, other than the wind! Can't wait for next year!

Mark

Back