• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great American Jeep Rally

I agree the rock pile was lame until people started jumping it. I like the idea of having a rock pile for stockers to climb but there were guys hitting it at like 30mph in mildly built TJ's. It was another good year at the Jeep rally. I too missed the NAXJA tent but ran into Grizzly who explained what happened. The XJ's weren't that outnumbered, I thought that they made a good showing when compared to The numbers of ZJ's, WJ's and KJ's. It was nice to see some of those odd creations like that Geo Metro/eagle/jeep looking creaton that was covered in bedliner my fav tho was probably that sweet looking lifted Silver WJ

My favorite was the deuce and a half.

Several of us had a discussion regarding whether or not it's a Jeep. I don't think we decided, but the sentiment seemed to be leaning toward the notion that if it was built by AM General it must be at least a close cousin of a Jeep.

Unfortunately, that same logic might be extended to allow Hummers to enter ... ugh.

good point eagle. ya the rally was awsome didnt get to stay that long cuz my youngest (6 month boy) wasnt a big fan of the cool whipping wind. anyways glad i introduced my wife and kids to the hobbie. My wife finally met some of my friends ive been wheelin with the last couple years ie(earl, eagle, etc.) anyways look forward to the chicken run and hopefully columbus day. Would of loved to of helped with something but my hands were full. I was late at the meeting place in the morning and held everyone back, just wanna apologize to everyone involved with that.ie(earl, john, steve, bic) and everyone earl held up cuz of me. anyways see yal soon :guitar:

Eagle said:
My favorite was the deuce and a half.

Several of us had a discussion regarding whether or not it's a Jeep. I don't think we decided, but the sentiment seemed to be leaning toward the notion that if it was built by AM General it must be at least a close cousin of a Jeep.

Unfortunately, that same logic might be extended to allow Hummers to enter ... ugh.

Too funny.. I already got calls from two Hummer owners on this same topic :)

Answer..... "no"

Marty

Back