• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest in Johnson Valley Nov 13-14

Red and Blue lights? or just blue light?

no red and blues at naxja shindigs Rich, we save the shenanigans for our weekends.

I'll have the blue beacon out and flashing so nobody gets lost in the dark. It's saved at least 3 people in the last 2 years - good enough for me to keep bringing it out.

This sounds like a fun run! Where is base camp going to be for this? I have been out to JV a few times with my FJ, so it should be interesting to see how my XJ fares out there. Also, if you guys want stickers for the event, I make them for a living, so I could easily come up with a few designs and post them up to see what you guys all like. I have done a few of them before for past runs with my FJ group and they are always a hit.

yep. I still havent been able to get the stuff for you from the dude in redondo beach, every time he sets up a day for me to come get them he never calls me :dunno:

This sounds like a fun run! Where is base camp going to be for this? I have been out to JV a few times with my FJ, so it should be interesting to see how my XJ fares out there. Also, if you guys want stickers for the event, I make them for a living, so I could easily come up with a few designs and post them up to see what you guys all like. I have done a few of them before for past runs with my FJ group and they are always a hit.

A sticker guy is a good guy to know (I'm a vector graphic artist :D)

We camp off of boone road right on the lakebed. the past two years there hasn't been many people on the lakebed that were not a part of our group, but it does happen. look for the XJs, then look for the fire pit and come introduce yourself. Only one of us bites, but he promised to be a good boy from now on :D

yep. I still havent been able to get the stuff for you from the dude in redondo beach, every time he sets up a day for me to come get them he never calls me :dunno:

Do me a favor and make sure to pee on them before you give them to him.

Well, no worries as my XJ is for sale...I may still have a use for the winch line though!
Do me a favor and make sure to pee on them before you give them to him.
Is this because of the sale? :huh: or this because of last night? :wave:

Is this because of the sale? :huh: or this because of last night? :wave:

Well since I learned last night that you like to be peed on I figured you would like the parts to get the same treatment.

A sticker guy is a good guy to know (I'm a vector graphic artist :D)

We camp off of boone road right on the lakebed. the past two years there hasn't been many people on the lakebed that were not a part of our group, but it does happen. look for the XJs, then look for the fire pit and come introduce yourself. Only one of us bites, but he promised to be a good boy from now on :D

Awesome! Thanks for the details! I am looking forward to this as my 1st run in my XJ! If you make a design for the stickers and send it to me, I could cut it out very easily. I usually use Adobe Illustrator to design my stickers and then I transfer it to my cutting program to cut them out. Just let me know how you want to do this. :cheers:

I could come up with something, shoot me an email [email protected] and we can discuss it further without mucking up this thread. I already have the chapter logo vectorized all we would need to discuss is pricing for the run of stickers. then I could come up with a design and pitch it to the BOD.

...I usually use Adobe Illustrator to design my stickers...

GrimmJeeper said:
... (I'm a vector graphic artist )

You guys are doing it wrong. What you need to do is take the rasterized low resolution graphics from websites, and then put them into Word. That's the only way to submit proper artwork! If you can't do that, take a picture with your cell phone of the logo that's been embroidered, then put that into PowerPoint. Just make sure you compress it into SIT format.

And yes, I've worked at print shops, commercial presses, and art departments all of my life, and I've ACTUALLY gotten these setups from customers. My favorite line "Here's the logo you asked for." or "What do you mean you can't use it?"

Back