• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Geostash '09

I really have no idea as I've never attended one so I'm still not sure what happens besides the looking for caches. Are we responsible for just the one dinner? What was served in the past?

Clint cooked Dutch Oven dinner on the 1st event, I missed the second one so I don't know. We just had the BBQ so I would think something different then Hamburgers and Hot Dog's. Have to think on this one little more.

Clint cooked both of them. And yes there is only one dinner.

The last two years we charged different amounts. The first year I think it was 30 bucks to register. That gave you one hand and one dinner ticket.
Last year we didn't charge a price for registration. You just paid for dinner at dinner time and you paid for as many hands as you wanted at the time you came back to turn in your hands.

Maybe with the amount of stuff looking low you might want to rethink the cost of the hands. I'll leave that up to you guys.

Clint cooked both of them. And yes there is only one dinner.

The last two years we charged different amounts. The first year I think it was 30 bucks to register. That gave you one hand and one dinner ticket.
Last year we didn't charge a price for registration. You just paid for dinner at dinner time and you paid for as many hands as you wanted at the time you came back to turn in your hands.

Maybe with the amount of stuff looking low you might want to rethink the cost of the hands. I'll leave that up to you guys.

That is some of the things that I wanted to talk a little about. Cost of the hands and dinner and the cost. We have to be able to recoop the cost of things like dinner and the toilets, everything else will be for our beneift and to donate to a land use or something at the end of the year.

That is some of the things that I wanted to talk a little about. Cost of the hands and dinner and the cost. We have to be able to recoop the cost of things like dinner and the toilets, everything else will be for our beneift and to donate to a land use or something at the end of the year.

Start pushing this event hard.

People will not show up if they don't have something to hold their interest. The cost of dinner alone will not cover the cost of toilets. You will have to use some of the cost of the hands for that but that's OK.

People will not show up if they don't have something to hold their interest. The cost of dinner alone will not cover the cost of toilets. You will have to use some of the cost of the hands for that but that's OK.

i want to start putting up things that we have to raffle of but we dont have much. Thats why I want to get this thing set for what are plans are so we know how much to spend. National is supposed to let me know after the 25th what will be sent to us from vendors. Tera Flex still has not decided what they can afford to give and so on.

i want to start putting up things that we have to raffle of but we dont have much. Thats why I want to get this thing set for what are plans are so we know how much to spend. National is supposed to let me know after the 25th what will be sent to us from vendors. Tera Flex still has not decided what they can afford to give and so on.

It wouldn't hurt to post up in both the Geostash forum and also the IC. Since 99% of the people attending will be from the IC anyway.

A lot of times people don't pay attention to whats going on if it isn't happening in their own little world.

I just read the thread you posted in the Geostash. You might want to re-word the "raffle" part since we really aren't raffling anything off.

We still have a box of Tom Woods stuff with a couple of good gift certicicates and a box of Naxja stuff that is on its way and a gas can holder from adventure trailers that he should be sending next week that retails around $85.00. I just dont know if there is enough stuff that is eye catching to make poeple want to buy more hands.

We still have a box of Tom Woods stuff with a couple of good gift certicicates and a box of Naxja stuff that is on its way and a gas can holder from adventure trailers that he should be sending next week that retails around $85.00. I just dont know if there is enough stuff that is eye catching to make poeple want to buy more hands.

I think you missed my point. The stuff we give away isn't technically a "raffle"

The wording ought to be changed to "Dinner and prize give a ways" or something.

We really should put a link to the main Geostash thread on our sticky section for our chapter.

Also, we still need to clean out some of the stickies -- "GET YOUR NAXJA COATS BEFORE MOAB HERE!" and "U4WDA/ NAXJA/ BDS Suspension special offer"

So has anyone thought of any dinner suggestions yet? I would say dutch oven, but i have never cooked with one before. with the suggestions so far it looks like we are doing hot dogs over the fire

So has anyone thought of any dinner suggestions yet? I would say dutch oven, but i have never cooked with one before. with the suggestions so far it looks like we are doing hot dogs over the fire

We still need to get a good count of who's coming. 2 Years ago Clint cooked a Dutch Oven dinner for all us. Between the 2 of us I think cooking Dutch Oven style would be easy. Draw back is who's supplying the Dutch Ovens and the cookbook to go with it? We had Hot Dog's & Hamburgers at he BBQ. What could we get and cook for $7.00 per person? Anyone have a line on steaks & chicken?

We still need to get a good count of who's coming. 2 Years ago Clint cooked a Dutch Oven dinner for all us. Between the 2 of us I think cooking Dutch Oven style would be easy. Draw back is who's supplying the Dutch Ovens and the cookbook to go with it? We had Hot Dog's & Hamburgers at he BBQ. What could we get and cook for $7.00 per person? Anyone have a line on steaks & chicken?

I would really like to do something more like chicken or turkey or dutch oven so it is a much better meal, but it all depends on the cost and equipment needed. I dont have any dutch ovens. If we needed a grill we would need to find a way to get one up there to cook on. We are just running out of time and we need to pin something down.

I am getting worried on the raffel items because nothing that has been promised to come has shown up yet. So the only things that I have in had is the box of Tom Woods stuff, and a couple of oil changes from Fast Track in Layton. All the other stuff we are waiting for.

I would really like to do something more like chicken or turkey or dutch oven so it is a much better meal, but it all depends on the cost and equipment needed. I dont have any dutch ovens. If we needed a grill we would need to find a way to get one up there to cook on. We are just running out of time and we need to pin something down.

I am getting worried on the raffel items because nothing that has been promised to come has shown up yet. So the only things that I have in had is the box of Tom Woods stuff, and a couple of oil changes from Fast Track in Layton. All the other stuff we are waiting for.

Have any of you talked to Clint? He is planning on attending and I bet with a little pressure he would cook for ya.

Have you bugged any of the vendors? Tera should be easy, we could just go down there and grab anything they have. It's just a matter of getting them to commit on a value of the stuff they are offering.

I think the chicken is a good idea but you'll need to provide a red meat option for those not bird eaters. Maybe a cheap steak of some kind. You can usually get a good deal on both chicken and steak if you buy in larger quantites, so check with Costco. (I don't have a membership.)

Does anyone have a larger size barbeque grill or two that they can bring up to cook the meat with?

And I will not be able to make this event. Have to meet with a tech guy at SLCC to have some special software put on my computer for the daughter. The 14th is the only day he has available before the new semester starts. :(

Do you have a new donation letter? I'm sure I could get something from Checker again and would be willing to hit tera too. Are we supporting a cause again?

Here's the copy I have. You can change the names at the bottom if you want.

Attachments

• Raffle_Request_Geostash___Checker__any_[1][1].doc
    61 KB · Views: 1
And I will not be able to make this event. Have to meet with a tech guy at SLCC to have some special software put on my computer for the daughter. The 14th is the only day he has available before the new semester starts. :(

The 14th isn't the only day of the event.

Talked to Clint. He will cook.

Back