• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fort Hood Shooting

Whats the rules with military/ federal trials, hows the death penalty?

I know in Texas with that many witnesses he would go pretty fast, but idk how the rules work on fed land...

I am in the middle about him living. Part of me say's its a good thing because then he can suffer for a while and be put to death while thinking of the atrocious crime he committed. But the other half just wants him dead.

I don't know any of the rules regarding the death penalty and UCMJ, but the SGT, from 101st, who threw the grenade into a tent killing a CPT and a AF MAJ trail is still going on.

On April 21, 2005 Akbar was found guilty of two counts of premeditated murder (of Army Capt. Christopher Seifert, 27, who was shot in the back, and Air Force Maj. Gregory Stone, 40, struck by shrapnel) and three counts of attempted premeditated murder. He was sentenced to death on April 28, the jury deliberating for around 7 hours.

On November 20, 2006 Lieutenant General John Vines, commander of the 18th Airborne Corps, affirmed the death sentence against Akbar. The case now goes to the Army Court of Criminal Appeals under an automatic appeal. If the appeal fails, the execution will take place by lethal injection.

This should be interesting since this D-bag is a field grade officer.

Lethal injection is too good for him. French quartering comes to mind.

The process was as follows: the regicide offender would be first tortured with red-hot pincers, then the hand with which the crime was committed would be burned, with sulphur, molten lead, wax, and boiling oil poured into the wounds. The quartering would be accomplished by the attachment of the condemned's limbs to horses, who would then tear them away from the body. Finally, the often still-living torso would be burned.

My sisters husband is stationed there and just got back from Iraq Monday. Luckily they flew to Tennessee to visit us or else they prolly would have been there.

I have no desire for torture. If he did it, which is pretty much beyond debate, he's like an animal. Just put him down and be done with it. You don't take a dog with a bad attitude and counsel it for biting someone, you take it behind the barn and shoot it. A man who has shown an utter disregard for the lives of his fellow human beings deserves no better, "insane" or not. A psychotic is still a danger, he just has an excuse.

I'm with Darky. A crazy Islamic Army shrink who will kill civilians and fellow soldiers to avoid deploying? He's pretty much useless alive. He won't have to worry about killing fellow "muslims" if he's six feet down.

I have no desire for torture. If he did it, which is pretty much beyond debate, he's like an animal. Just put him down and be done with it. You don't take a dog with a bad attitude and counsel it for biting someone, you take it behind the barn and shoot it. A man who has shown an utter disregard for the lives of his fellow human beings deserves no better, "insane" or not. A psychotic is still a danger, he just has an excuse.

I agree with the no torture part. His family he leaves will get that I'm sure. They were reporting today that he was paralized by the officer that took him down while reloading. This is souding like it could have been much worse if he would have not been stopped.

The process was as follows: the regicide offender would be first tortured with red-hot pincers, then the hand with which the crime was committed would be burned, with sulphur, molten lead, wax, and boiling oil poured into the wounds. The quartering would be accomplished by the attachment of the condemned's limbs to horses, who would then tear them away from the body. Finally, the often still-living torso would be burned.

:shocked:

Any word on the other two supposed gunmen? They were saying yesterday, they may have contributed to the shooting, but today I read that they were released.

. A psychotic PSYCHIATRIST is still a danger, he just has an excuse.

Thats what kills me. These guys are supposed to prevent soldiers from doing the very thing that this Asshole did. My heart goes out to all the soldiers who lost their lives and the families who will be without mothers or fathers because some idiot had a bad day.

Whats the rules with military/ federal trials, hows the death penalty?

I know in Texas with that many witnesses he would go pretty fast, but idk how the rules work on fed land...

I am in the middle about him living. Part of me say's its a good thing because then he can suffer for a while and be put to death while thinking of the atrocious crime he committed. But the other half just wants him dead.

I'm glad he lived through it just on the basis that we have more chance of finding out why now (although I'm sure it's just one more postal nutjob), although I wouldn't have grieved if he had died.

That side I'm not much of a fan of the death penalty because I don't trust the government enough to convictions right 100% of the time. It's a lot easier to "fix" a wrongful conviction if the guy is alive and in prison than pushing up daisies.

Besides, I'd rather he rot for the rest of his life in Leavenworth than just peacefully die in six months, ya know?

I'm glad he lived through it just on the basis that we have more chance of finding out why now (although I'm sure it's just one more postal nutjob), although I wouldn't have grieved if he had died.

That side I'm not much of a fan of the death penalty because I don't trust the government enough to convictions right 100% of the time. It's a lot easier to "fix" a wrongful conviction if the guy is alive and in prison than pushing up daisies.

Besides, I'd rather he rot for the rest of his life in Leavenworth than just peacefully die in six months, ya know?

So basically you would rather PAY for him to live the rest of his life in prison then cash his check now? You cali people I will never understand. No wonder you state is broke!

So basically you would rather PAY for him to live the rest of his life in prison then cash his check now? You cali people I will never understand. No wonder you state is broke!

Yes, I would rather have a guy who is 100% guilty live his life in a crappy prison cell than a guy who was convicted by mistake get offed. Hell I'd rather have ten guilty men live their lives in a crappy prison cell than one innocent get the axe.

The human factor aside it's cheaper to put one guy up for 50 years than pay out the multi-million dollar lawsuits that may come after executing an innocent man.

Except that in this case, there is no possibility of a wrong conviction. He was seen by many witnesses, he was shot and tackled by police who witnessed him killing people. There's no reason to debate death penalty unless you believe a crazy guy with a penchant for killing innocent people deserves to live in an asylum. There's no doubt as to hyis guilt, why bother to keep him alive, paying for his survival?

In a case like this where he is 100% guilty, Death Penalty is the only option since torture isn't allowed anymore.

I am a believer in the death penalty for many cases though. If there are this many witnesses to murder and esp when you kill more than one person, you should be in front of the line. And if you molest children, you should be in there too.

Not all of us Cali people are bleeding hearts...

It's simple, Geoff. He allowed Islamic Jihad ideologies to take over his life (Satan) which promoted and justified his actions. Nothing to fix here, a swift trial and execution will allow justice to be served.

X3, if they have that much evidence, just pull the plugs on what ever is keeping him alive and let him die.

Sorry, I can't post here what I'd do to him if I worked in that hospital....

...but it involves a match and something flammable poured on his hospital bed....

Sorry, I can't post here what I'd do to him if I worked in that hospital....
...but it involves a match and something flammable poured on his hospital bed....

Well now that brings on a whole other subject. (back ground, I work in EMS) But I have come across some people that, well for lack of any other term, should die. But that is not what people in the medical field are trained or even here to do. We are for saving lives NOT judging people and passing sentance.

Back