• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fort Hood Shooting

I couldn't blame that on you and the other jury members if I was in his shoes, but I do think that in cases like that the police and prosecuters involved should lose their jobs, if not see some jail time for things like that, especially if the wrongly convicted loses their life in jail by their own hand, because of another inmate, and even more so in cases of death penalty execution!

You didn't live here in Illinois at that time by chance?

[FONT=&quot]I'm a little late on this but here goes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Over twenty years ago, I was part of a jury that convicted a man of murder. We heard the evidence, considered it and made what we considered to be the right choice and felt that justice was served.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He was exonerated a few weeks when it came out the prosecution had suppressed and manipulated the evidence and that the police did not bother to investigate another likely suspect.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At the time, if it had been available, I would have voted for the death penalty...I'm SOOOO glad it was not a possibility at the time.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I don't feel good about locking him up for the best year of his life but at least he gets a chance to experience some of life's pleasures.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would feel like s... if he had been executed. YMMV[/FONT]

I can see that happening 20 years ago, glad that he was exonerated.

I would argue that because of DNA technology, the death penalty should be used more frequently today, because it virtually eliminates erroroneous convictions.......BTW, there is no doubt of the guilt of Hasan. He needs a swift trial and execution.

Last edited:

I would argue that because of DNA technology, the death penalty should be used more frequently today, because it virtually eliminates erroroneous convictions.......BTW, there is no doubt of the guilt of Hasan. He needs a swift trial and execution.

Actually, there have been bad convictions here in Illinois despite than!

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The trial I was on did not depend on blood matching and DNA did not contribute to the eventual overthrowing of the conviction.
While in jail, the convicted defendant inherited a bunch of money, so he was able to hire a good detective who took several years to uncover the misdeeds of the prosecution.
Justice for the rich.

Just thinking about Hasan makes my blood boil. My heart says he deserves immediate execution but my mind tells me that will also make him an instant Islamic martyr which will encourage even more of the religious wackos to act against our troops.
If there is a god, Hasan will be properly punished.
Until then, throw him in a deep, dark hole and let him rot[/FONT]

Back