• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fort Hood Shooting

Jihad in Texas

"We also suffer from a larger American unwillingness to acknowledge political violence. We rightly applaud ourselves for having avoided Europe’s upheavals. Yet the historic free flow of ideas in this country means that pernicious ones will lodge in the minds of very bad actors. Few of our famous assassins were mere loony loners without political motives. JFK’s assassin was a Marxist, RFK’s was another Palestinian, McKinley’s was an anarchist. Lincoln was murdered by a rogue Confederate intelligence operation. The solution is not to restrict freedom, but to take ideas seriously — to flag them and combat them; to monitor those who take them to extremes and to come down on them when they first cross the line to incitement or action; certainly to keep them out of positions of power or responsibility, even to the rank of major.

We have a difficult enough problem as it is: We cannot know where we are unless we honestly identify and discuss what happens around us."

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OTk1ZTFmNTlmNjkyOTM3ODEyYWZlYmI3YTYxZmVhMjg=

No, it's weird how he treated the girls -- like, trying to learn about them and become friends or something.

Doesn't seem that odd to me. Treat everyone with respect unless they give you good reason not to.

What does seem odd is that combined with the fact that he just fatally shot a dozen people.

No, it's weird how he treated the girls -- like, trying to learn about them and become friends or something.

Whats weird about that, let me preface this with 'BEFORE I WAS MARRIED' I had more than a few exotic dancers as Fbuddies :D :D :D :D :D

Fbuddies, yes.

But who goes to a titty bar to make friends? Someone who's crazy, that's who.

How do you figure they get to be fbuddies... sheesh.....gotta start somewhere.

What's weird is combining his presence in a strip club with his supposedly devout Muslim beliefs. Islam doesn't stand for that kind of thing.

Yeah, a Muslim buying alcohol and going to a strip club does kinda confuse me.

Yeah, a Muslim buying alcohol and going to a strip club does kinda confuse me.
Apparently you have never been to Kuwait.....at least before Saddam screwed it up.

No one who opens fire on a crowd of unarmed fellow citizens/soldiers/coworkers etc can claim to be devoutly anything.
Unless your religion calls for all to convert, and those who won't to be put to death...

Unless your religion calls for all to convert, and those who won't to be put to death...

That is what people are not getting. Most Christians don't have the mind set to understand it, those who are agnostics don't have the feel for it, it's not a concept they are familiar with.

I really don't want to turn this into a religious argument, but there are a number of contradictory aspects to this. I don't want to get into that, so I will just say that I do not believe you can blame this kind of violence on any faith. It is purely the result of a weak mind, influenced by an evil mind. It is the same thing every time, regardless of faith. It has nothing to do with a god, and everything to do with men.

Last edited:
I really don't want to turn this into a religious argument, but there are a number of contradictory aspects to this. I don't want to get into that, so I will just say that I do not believe you can blame this kind of violence on any faith. It is purely the result of a weak mind, influenced by an evil mind. It is the same thing every time, regardless of faith. It has nothing to do with a god, and everything to do with men.

Evil has many faces, it is too often a distortion of what once was something good.......

[FONT=&quot]
Yes, I would rather have a guy who is 100% guilty live his life in a crappy prison cell than a guy who was convicted by mistake get offed. Hell I'd rather have ten guilty men live their lives in a crappy prison cell than one innocent get the axe.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I'm a little late on this but here goes.
Over twenty years ago, I was part of a jury that convicted a man of murder. We heard the evidence, considered it and made what we considered to be the right choice and felt that justice was served.

He was exonerated a few weeks when it came out the prosecution had suppressed and manipulated the evidence and that the police did not bother to investigate another likely suspect.
At the time, if it had been available, I would have voted for the death penalty...I'm SOOOO glad it was not a possibility at the time.

I don't feel good about locking him up for the best year of his life but at least he gets a chance to experience some of life's pleasures.
I would feel like s... if he had been executed. YMMV[/FONT]

Back