• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First flakes of thhe season, Let it snow!

I've got 8" on the ground! Seems the heaviest hit area in metro Atlanta was the Gwinnet/Barrow/Athens area. Athens reported 10"!

Side note, on 235/75/15 ATs is it best to air down to say 18 or run 35 psi??? I'm used to MTs.

I've got 8" on the ground! Seems the heaviest hit area in metro Atlanta was the Gwinnet/Barrow/Athens area. Athens reported 10"!

Side note, on 235/75/15 ATs is it best to air down to say 18 or run 35 psi??? I'm used to MTs.

depends on the type of snow, and what you are doing. if you want to float on top of a lot of it, air down. if you want to cut down through it (and are on the roads) leave them aired up. i had zero issues in my truck, 4x4 hi, and tires at 35 psi

depends on the type of snow, and what you are doing. if you want to float on top of a lot of it, air down. if you want to cut down through it (and are on the roads) leave them aired up. i had zero issues in my truck, 4x4 hi, and tires at 35 psi

That's what I thought. I'm about to head to our favorite sledding spot...the golf course! I'll leave em up at 35.

The clipper coming in probably wont dump that much nashville-south. It's mainly a N. TN and S. KY event. Even at that, I wouldn texpect more than 1".

The clipper coming in probably wont dump that much nashville-south. It's mainly a N. TN and S. KY event. Even at that, I wouldn texpect more than 1".
A guy can wish can"t he?! It wouldn't bother me if another 6" fell but I guess I should just be happy with what we have.

Think one of you guys can send some of that snow up to the Pac. Northwest. It keeps snowing raining then freezing in the mountains. It sucks. I want snow in the valley. Hell it snowed in Phoenix but it won't snow in Portland

Heres from today. I'm in Lithia Springs, Ga
164004_487092833211_505273211_6017048_7465042_n.jpg

official around a foot of snow here in north alabama! freakin nuts!

We ended up a little over 8" on the ground, if you measure elevated surfaces 9-10". Now there's another .25 inch of frozen sleet on top of it. The roads started getting pretty bad again about an hour ago as I was getting back home.

My 20 pound dog can walk on top of it without breaking through.

we got a little in the Raleigh area, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Enough to get sent home from work early. ha. Just my luck though, just finished the engine build in my XJ yesterday in preparation, and now it doesnt do anything. maybe I'll wake up to some inches in the morning.

Around a solid 5" in Charlotte. Switched to sleet and freezing rain this afternoon to put a nice glaze on everything. Supposed to be freezing rain overnight tonight.

Not going to be in any hurry to get to work on time tomorrow.

Around a solid 5" in Charlotte. Switched to sleet and freezing rain this afternoon to put a nice glaze on everything. Supposed to be freezing rain overnight tonight.

Not going to be in any hurry to get to work on time tomorrow.

I've got the same thing here. half inch thick sheet on top of the soft fluffy stuff...

We had fun!

DSCN3770.jpg

DSCN3775.jpg

DSCN3777.jpg

Last edited:
Back