• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First flakes of thhe season, Let it snow!

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
First flakes of the season, Let it snow!

I love it, looks like this will be another great winter. Al Gore, shove that "global warming" thing were the sun doesn't shine LOL!

P1020656.jpg

P1020658.jpg

And because i love to play in snow but hate shoveling it, I picked up this non-running 20hp garden tractor for free and got it running for less than $150, then picked up a snow plow for free and fabbed the mounting system for it out of scrap metal.
P1020655.jpg

I'm ready, bring it on!

Last edited:
good god man how many jeeps do you have?! i cant wait for it to snow here (dallas) as it was 65 not two days ago... btw what bumper is that on the XJ?

good god man how many jeeps do you have?! i cant wait for it to snow here (dallas) as it was 65 not two days ago... btw what bumper is that on the XJ?

7 Jeeps, 5 XJ's(90, 94, 96, 96, 00) an 08 JK Sahara and the beast, a 09 Hemi Commander.

The bumper is a Logans

X2 on the color. thats what color i wanted before i got mine. now i'm kinda diggin the universality of the silver but still love that blue.

and yeah your whole neighborhood seems to be jeep poor.

I really like the look of your XJ!

Thank You!

X2 on the color. thats what color i wanted before i got mine. now i'm kinda diggin the universality of the silver but still love that blue.

Got lucky on the color, i like blue but i bought this Jeep sight un-seen from FitchVA's brother in MD. It was already a trail-rig but i ripped it apart and started over anyway, I'm a little OCD.

Yes, this whole town is jeep poor, I would say there are more Jeeps in Roanoke than there are of the other 3 major manufacturers 4wd's. There are a bunch of yota's around too.

Roanoke is in the mountains so when it snows its impossible for a 2wd to go far without getting stuck due to the steepness of the roads.

i can beat that, we just got 3in in Boone and we are still getting flurries here and there. and the next few days the highs will be 20* and 19* with lows of ....9*
but hey it makes for some fun driving!!!

Actually, about a month or two ago our heat quit working AGAIN. Luckily, I fixed it and it's been working with no issues since then.

I had a thread up in here about it.

I need snow.

We've been getting it in Nashville/Brentwood since about 8:00 this morning. Well, I guess it stopped around 12:30 or so. Didn't y'all get any in Clarksville?

i can beat that, we just got 3in in Boone and we are still getting flurries here and there. and the next few days the highs will be 20* and 19* with lows of ....9*
but hey it makes for some fun driving!!!

We wound up with 3 inches total, should have got pics this am. It stayed cold today with a high of 30 so its still around, just not as much.

My Jeep is covered with salt from just getting home from the mountains. Good snow on the ground in Highlands, but nothing on the roads.

Snow and sleet on and off all day yesterday..nothing stuck except a small layer to the vehicles in the heavier bursts.

Parents got about 1-2" just an hour or so north of me. Heard it was supposed to be an abnormally dry and warm winter, yet this "first blast of winter" came earlier than last...and we got a fair amount last year. Hopefully it will be a repeat!

Got our first snow Saturday as well. We got about 3".

2010-12-04_15-40-39_56.jpg

I love it, looks like this will be another great winter. I'm ready, bring it on!

Good maybe you can plow my driveway. I want a pic of you driving that tractor around the neighborhood.

Much truth

I'm a little OCD.

Just a little?

We wound up with 3 inches total

I need to move further south. I will say if we get a bunch again I'll be driving my big one on the street.

Good maybe you can plow my driveway. I want a pic of you driving that tractor around the neighborhood.

LOL! Will do! Angie thinks my tractor is sexy so maybe she will get a pic. I have beer holder on there as well. I wonder if DUI laws apply to garden tractors?

I need to move further south. I will say if we get a bunch again I'll be driving my big one on the street.

I saw a full width, extended wheel base, tube chassis TJ buggy going down 419 the other day. If he didn't get a ticket you wont!

LOL! Will do! Angie thinks my tractor is sexy so maybe she will get a pic. I have beer holder on there as well. I wonder if DUI laws apply to garden tractors?

Unfortunately yes if you drive on a public road (including the sidewalk). We wont worry about that though :).

I like the plow... a lot! I wish we got enough snow here to justify making one. I just rebuilt two Deeres, we are trying to decide if its worth keeping both.

Back