• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First flakes of thhe season, Let it snow!

I've gotten another 2.5". I'm hoping to squeeze out another inch or two. This was forecast to give us 3-5" so I don't think I'm being greedy :D

We got an inch of "slush", it would make a good frozen margarita LOL!

So far this year we have gotten around 15" of snow...one inch at a time! I wish it would just dump a big snow and be done.

This sucks and I am going to pay big time when I get home.

Situatiion:
Flew from DC to Charleston this morning. Wife warned me that she might be pissed if it snowed hard. It did. A tree fell on the house. Power is out. Daughters fish is freezing, daughters toad is freezing, dog is happy, wife is pissed. Snow is 8 inches deep. Snow is very heavy. I took the XJ to the airport. Wife cant get over to the store or her 86 year old moms.

Fish, toad, dog and wife all went to neighbors house with a generator and will live.
Daughter walked 3 miles to friends house with wood stove. She is having a good time. Mother-in-law has generator power at retirement home. She is warm, happy and giving wife a bad time with stories about South Dakota winters in the 1930's (this will come back to haunt me).

Predictions: Dog, fish, toad, mother-in-law, daughter and wife will all live.
I will eat shit and die when I get home (not the first time).

XJ Content:
Nissan will be sold
Aerostar will be sold
A second XJ will soon grace our driveway and wife will be happy.

John

Situatiion:
Flew from DC to Charleston this morning. Wife warned me that she might be pissed if it snowed hard. It did. A tree fell on the house. Power is out. Daughters fish is freezing, daughters toad is freezing, dog is happy, wife is pissed. Snow is 8 inches deep. Snow is very heavy. I took the XJ to the airport. Wife cant get over to the store or her 86 year old moms.

Fish, toad, dog and wife all went to neighbors house with a generator and will live.
Daughter walked 3 miles to friends house with wood stove. She is having a good time. Mother-in-law has generator power at retirement home. She is warm, happy and giving wife a bad time with stories about South Dakota winters in the 1930's (this will come back to haunt me).

XJ Content:
Nissan will be sold
Aerostar will be sold

John

Hahaha! Thats how I wound up with 7 Jeeps in the driveway

Situatiion:

XJ Content:
Nissan will be sold
Aerostar will be sold

John

Darn John , thats a lot of problems !
power went out here for a while,#1 daughter has no power in the south side of Strasburg, #2 daughter has power on north side of Strasburg, Took wife 3 hrs to get from Winchester to the house in HER XJ,Took me 1 1/2 hrs to make same trip ,later in the evening in my XJ, Son stayed home and shoveled the driveway (in my other XJ). :cheers: We had no phone/DSL for most of the evening and the lights are flickering now.
Get the wife Her own XJ and you stay out of it---- we know what you do to them....

Darn John , thats a lot of problems !
power went out here for a while,#1 daughter has no power in the south side of Strasburg, #2 daughter has power on north side of Strasburg, Took wife 3 hrs to get from Winchester to the house in HER XJ,Took me 1 1/2 hrs to make same trip ,later in the evening in my XJ, Son stayed home and shoveled the driveway (in my other XJ). :cheers: We had no phone/DSL for most of the evening and the lights are flickering now.
Get the wife Her own XJ and you stay out of it---- we know what you do to them....

Wayne,

Not my problem.......yet.

Charleston is warm, the beer is cold (the wife is colder, but she's 600 miles north) for tonight.

I have no problems.
If my wife had an XJ she would have no problems and be happily cruising around DC.

As per your recommendation she will be getting her own XJ in a in a week or two then life will be perfect.

John

According to Manswers, you gain 9 years on your life through polygamy.

:patriot:

I don't think I could take :yap::yap::yap::yap: all the time though :banghead:

I call BS.

It is a fact that women live longer than men. Why...?

Because women don't have to live with women.

If you had 7 wives I guarantee you that you would have one PMSing. I couldn't handle that.

The snow sucks down there!

here's some pics of this last snowstorm, we had like 18" last week, 23" last night/this morning, and apparently we're expecting another 20" next week. and another smaller storm this weekend

snow3.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow1.jpg

snow.jpg

163886_1731393679679_1083600052_1923384_5608787_n.jpg

snow4.jpg

Last edited:
Back