• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Farewell NAXJA- AJ's Offroad Armor is up for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJsArmor

NAXJA Forum User
It's been 12 years since I started this and it's been a great business for me and provided for my family. But I've finally reached a point where I'm ready to move on, mainly due to personal reasons such as health. I love the work, my customers absolutely are the best and that's what I'll miss the most.

I'll be shutting down within the next 3-4 weeks after completing what orders I have left. I always told myself if I were to quit, it would be on my own terms and not for lack of business. Sales have been great, I just can't get the help I need in the shop to keep up with it.

Anyways I sincerely appreciate the HUGE amount of support from everyone including NAXJA through the years, I can't tell you how much that means to me. I'm excited about moving on to something else involving Jeeps in the automotive industry!

As of right now, it's up for sale..the entire business as a turnkey operation. And when I say everything goes with it...I mean everything. Website, software, designs, CAD files, metal stock, hardware, jigs, fixtures, tooling, machinery, welder/plasma....everything. Email me at [email protected] for details.

Thanks everyone! It's been a great 12 years!:patriot:

What will be happening to gift certificates you used as payment for the sponsorship program? Will you still be honoring them?

Yes I will honor any gift certificate I receive before I close shop.

Just got off the phone with ya, you're good to go!

And after you close shop in 3-4 weeks? Those certificates have been sent out to events throughout 2012, including some occurring between now and October.

Possibly, more than willing to work with anyone, just don't feel like having this discussion in a public forum if it's going to be made into some big "stink". lol :looney:

agreed. Sorry bout the sour attitude here AJ but it's happened at least 2 times now that I can think of where a vendor closes up shop and raffle product becomes worthless. Johnny (lobsterdmb) is just asking what we're all wondering ;)

Sorry to hear you're closing up but hope it leads to bigger and better things for you. I don't have any of your items but i've seen a few of your bumpers and sliders in person and I gotta say it's all top notch work.

Best of luck to you :thumbup:

Possibly, more than willing to work with anyone, just don't feel like having this discussion in a public forum if it's going to be made into some big "stink". lol :looney:

You publicly announced your shop closing before contacting the sponsorship committee to determine what you need to do to honor your commitment.

That most certainly makes it a public issue. If you wanted to handle it privately, you should have done so before making your announcement. As a member of the BOD, I'll be recommending that you provide a product or cash worth your advertisement bill as part of the sponsorship agreement that you made with NAXJA.

I do not expect members who have gift certificates in waiting to jump through hoops.

agreed. Sorry bout the sour attitude here AJ but it's happened at least 2 times now that I can think of where a vendor closes up shop and raffle product becomes worthless. Johnny (lobsterdmb) is just asking what we're all wondering ;)

Sorry to hear you're closing up but hope it leads to bigger and better things for you. I don't have any of your items but i've seen a few of your bumpers and sliders in person and I gotta say it's all top notch work.

Best of luck to you :thumbup:

Appreciate that, had no idea that anything like that has happened in the past and I completely understand. What I really don't appreciate is this questioning here when PM, email or a phone call is all that is needed to avoid ANY confusion. Simple as that.

Last edited:
I have had a picture of one of your bumpers as my desktop for six months now. Guess I'll never get it built. Good luck on your future projects.

You publicly announced your shop closing before contacting the sponsorship committee to determine what you need to do to honor your commitment.

That most certainly makes it a public issue. If you wanted to handle it privately, you should have done so before making your announcement. As a member of the BOD, I'll be recommending that you provide a product or cash worth your advertisement bill as part of the sponsorship agreement that you made with NAXJA.

I do not expect members who have gift certificates in waiting to jump through hoops.

Man, why the attitude? Considering I've been a vendor in good standing on here for how many years and donated to many projects I'd like to think there would be less "stiff suit" attitude and more oh...I don't know...human? Call me crazy :confused1 but maybe another potential vendor would see this and think, "meh...maybe I'll go elsewhere if this is how I'll be treated."

FYI, I don't need to consult with anyone when it comes to making decisions in my business. And maybe in a perfect world I would have plenty of time to carry out this decision and make everyone happy...but newsflash...the world is far from perfect. Sometimes (at least in the real world) decisions have to be made on the fly, like it or not, and you just make the best of it as you go.

AJ, I've had your rails for 7 years and since I was on 31s and I'm still rockin' them (literally) with the tons and 37s on the jeep. They are pretty smashed but they still do the job! props to you and all future endeavors. Still remember the story about you busting the vandals over the head with your HD tie rod...

Man, why the attitude? Considering I've been a vendor in good standing on here for how many years and donated to many projects I'd like to think there would be less "stiff suit" attitude and more oh...I don't know...human? Call me crazy :confused1 but maybe another potential vendor would see this and think, "meh...maybe I'll go elsewhere if this is how I'll be treated."

FYI, I don't need to consult with anyone when it comes to making decisions in my business. And maybe in a perfect world I would have plenty of time to carry out this decision and make everyone happy...but newsflash...the world is far from perfect. Sometimes (at least in the real world) decisions have to be made on the fly, like it or not, and you just make the best of it as you go.

I agree with you AJ. Redheep sounds like a true douche

Well said.... it may be a valid issue, but the man said hes having health issues and has to close shop, and you break his balls like this? Sounds like a problem with how the sponsorship program works, more so than him.

I read that one of the reasons you are shutting down your business is because of health issues?!?! Sorry to hear that and hope its not a big deal. And NAXJA board members.. How about a little compassion instead of being worried about some f-n gift certificates.

This should be moved to the members forum.

My two cents, gifts certs were due in Mid Feb, it is now mid May, so at most maybe he owes "advertising" monies for those 3 months, not the entire year.

This is rediculous that the man is getting his balls busted in a public way.

FYI- it's not anything life threatening at the moment and it won't be...hence me quitting. I'm a single parent with a 12 year old girl and my number one priority is her and being there for her in the future, healthy in the long run. Every other reason is secondary.

I can't begin to explain how difficult this is as business is good and I love the work I do but I'm thankful to have had this opportunity in the first place. And I really appreciate the support you guys have given me- THAT means everything to me!

Good luck out there! sorry to hear a good company is closing.

I think lobster and redheap are just looking out for the members, we all know the first person who won a gift cert. to a place that is closed down would throw a little hissy fit behind closed doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back