• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Flog

Hey Ghost, I want to test the rig again, except locked in the rear. I want to play with the big dogs, like you!!! Will URE do it?????

High2by said:
Hey Ghost, I want to test the rig again, except locked in the rear. I want to play with the big dogs, like you!!! Will URE do it?????
Honestly 33's are about perfect for URE. Would I drive the distance you are going to drive to wheel there? Yea once. IMHO all of these places need to be wheeled at least once. I'm a beliver in hitting as many different types of terain as possiable. I love URE because its close. I relly love it when it rains. I forgot about the hill on Dutch John. That sucker is steep for the terain we have around there and is slick as shiat in the rain.

That's all I need to know. Whatever the majority says then. I'm in!!!!!:cheers:

I'd still like it in AL though :wave:

High2by said:
That's all I need to know. Whatever the majority says then. I'm in!!!!!:cheers:

I'd still like it in AL though :wave:
Quite honestly once the elections are done this fall, The SE Chapter BOD is up for renewall, If I am still on it and so is Heather I think the Crawl next year will be at one of the places in AL or possiably winrock. We were talking this year and think that maybe we should move it around each year. But that is putting the cart ahead of the hourse. :gee: When I had my xj on 33's I love URE, hell I still do. It is just easy to run in a day or two.

Uwharrie is nice for several reasons:

1. Plenty of facilities

2. easily accessible if broken

3. miles and miles of trails to run.. and I will say this.. you can make it as hard as you want.. I've venture to guess that 75% wouldn't make it over Kodak rock.

4. W/ enough notice I think we could get access to DPG (30 mins away).. OR if you're really lucky maybe even the "Oasis".. Both of those places I assure you will challange you more than you like... I'd also throw out a guess that 99.95% of us wouldn't make the entrace at Oasis..

5. From talking w/ Rubiconrescue... 99.95% of us wouldnt make it over the top of the rock/culvert garden across from Uwharrie..

ALSO, for a smaller event like the FLOG... I think Mountain City (Callalantee) would be nice... I also found out that there are "nicer" state campground facilities about 4 miles from the trail head... and the Americourt Hotel in town (5 miles away from trails) is 65.00/night and includes a nice breakfest...

Uwharrie:

URE1.jpg

URE2.jpg

DPG:

pic016-1.jpg

DPP_0005.jpg

Oasis:

164jpg.jpg

47" LTB's for reference
158jpg.jpg

Mtn. City:

pic120.jpg

pic128-1.jpg

pic106.jpg

I'll go anywhere within reason however I will not go anywhere that requires driving from camp to the trailhead.

" I will not go anywhere that requires driving from camp to the trail."

Then you will like to go to River Rock.

I also like to go to windrock and save 10 hours of driving.

I would like to vote for Windrock, but I am in the same boat as others local.........

what ever sounds good to me.....i am hopping to have my long arms built by then.

Windrock would be good!

Uwharrie Stables/Uwharrie Adventures Introduction

Hello to everyone. I found this thread off our counter on our website. Some of you I have seen on nc 4x4. I would like to take a few lines and say that everyone is welcome to come out to our facility and challenge yourself on our Rocks or in the Mud if you dare....Keep in mind that if you get in it, you have to be able to get out of it, unless we are having an event and have the tractor ready for you. If not, there are usually a few good ol' boys around waiting to help out if needed.
If you guys decide on Uwharrie for your trip, give us a heads up and we can possibly hold an event just for ya'll. We would love to meet some more new faces.

I vote URE! I have never been there or been wheeling with Ghost and this would be the perfect opportunity.

Another option would be Gulches in SC. It is an awesome place to wheel with trails for everyone. They have primitive camp sites on site and allow camping and campers in parking lot also.

:dunno: how fun would gulches be for jeeps running 38's, full hydro, and 1 tons?

MELKORsXJ said:
:dunno: how fun would gulches be for jeeps running 38's, full hydro, and 1 tons?

You got a point but I didnt think about that because my rig isnt sitting on 38's. Sorry!:worship: Please forgive me I am not worthy!

Chad29860 said:
You got a point but I didnt think about that because my rig isnt sitting on 38's. Sorry!:worship: Please forgive me I am not worthy!
It's about people start to think that way:cool: I could bring the little mj.

Back