• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Flog

rredalty said:
do any of these cater to bigger Jeeps?
The AL ones will URE has very little unless we get access to the no limit stuff.

rredalty said:
do any of these cater to bigger Jeeps?

what are we considering a big jeep?

Morris Mountain or Mountainside.

38.5" tsl sx's and everything to support them.

256offroad said:
what are we considering a big jeep?
Personally I consider anything over 35" tires big on an xj. That is xj specific. URE can be run open with 33's and 31's.

What about River Rock? I have never been there but I hear it is awesome.

Nevermind, I have the Marine Corps Birthday Ball that weekend. I will not be able to attend.

Where is river rock?

How about a place that can accomodate a group as large and diverse as ours?

Not knowing that much about the place, what does U.R.E have to offer bigger rigs, and or those not immune to body damage? I've heard of the Kodak rock, but what else is there to ride? I don't want to fuss but I just map qwested it and its over 5 hrs from me, i'm cool
with the distance...IF... there is enough to keep me interested for a weekend.

I don't know that much about Mountainside either, but its half the distance for me and we won't lose as many Alabama'ns as opposed to URE.

I know i'm likely to get flamed about it but, what about Windrock? The place is huge, plenty to keep everyone interested for a weekend. Terrific campgrounds, sort of in the middle of the Alabama, South Carolina crowd.

Lets talk it over!!!!!!!:party:

i'm open for whatever... haven't been to either of the 3 choices; although i do like windrock.
cross your fingers guys... cause this might be the first trip for the virgin Willys!!!

The Hard Struggler said:
Not knowing that much about the place, what does U.R.E have to offer bigger rigs, and or those not immune to body damage? I've heard of the Kodak rock, but what else is there to ride? I don't want to fuss but I just map qwested it and its over 5 hrs from me, i'm cool
with the distance...IF... there is enough to keep me interested for a weekend.

I don't know that much about Mountainside either, but its half the distance for me and we won't lose as many Alabama'ns as opposed to URE.

I know i'm likely to get flamed about it but, what about Windrock? The place is huge, plenty to keep everyone interested for a weekend. Terrific campgrounds, sort of in the middle of the Alabama, South Carolina crowd.

Lets talk it over!!!!!!!:party:

x2!!!!!

I have been to URE. The only time it gets interesting is when it is wet. I walked most of the trails in my last XJ in 2wd. Keep in mind that it had 6" of lift, 35" tires and was locked up front and rear.

I do not suggest URE for the bigger rigs. Just not enough for them to do. There is also Gulches park in South Carolina. But that is a 5 hour drive from Bama as well.

URE has Daniel and Kodak Rock. That is about it for the big guys. However if we are talking about a weekend trip. IE night ride Friday, SAturday ride and Sunday if you have time, then URE may be enough for just that one day of bashing. Most of URE is easy when dry, but if it is slightly wet then you can bet it will challange everyone! That red clay is slick! I like URE because it is close, 70 miles for me. But, if its big huge hard obsticles you want then URE is not for you. However, if we can get access to the new stuff across the road then that is an entirely different story, also if URE is chosen maybe we can see about getting access to Devil's Playground.

i say do it at URE and get access to DPG (which is just wicked) and also right across from ure is URE stables and they have been putting together a super nice rock pile.........
0710081844a.jpg

rubiconrescue said:
i say do it at URE and get access to DPG (which is just wicked) and also right across from ure is URE stables and they have been putting together a super nice rock pile.........
0710081844a.jpg

Who do I need to contact for URE stables or do they allow wheelers at URE to play on it?

i go over there bc i know the owners well. there is a event on the 26th (im sure you have seen it on nc4x4) but as to contact look up ure stables and ask for johnny ( the owner) I think if you look up american wheeler.com they still have a link to the stables near the bottom of the page

Back