• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

extremely po'd

XgeekstarX said:
the manager got came down REALLY hard on by the district manager (who im decent friends with). apparently he got called out on not doing his job and letting the store get out of control. i think this is his (the managers) way of trying to regain control.

i told quite a few people that even if i don't get fired i'm definitely going to be looking for a new job. i don't want to work for a company who can't understand that i didn't want to interupt the customers needs so i could pay for a damn soda.

Glad to hear it. I guess that some people just dont understand that treating employees poorly and without trust acutally decreases productivity. Respect is all it takes. Good luck finding a better company!

The Jewel grocery stores around here have that policy, and it's backed by hte union too. I knew a kid that got canned over a $.50 can of store brand pop (is a convienient way of getting rid of a problematic or just disliked employee) and another that didn't know about this little rule till he was pulled aside for shoplifting food.

even if you keep your job, I would leave and find another. Sounds like a whiney hitler of a boss you have.

well i just got fired over not paying for a half drinken mountain dew. the manager goes, "you had a 30 minute window from the time you took it out of the cooler until we talked to you". i told him, "during that 30 minutes i was out putting two batteries in two different vehicles. i didn't even get a chance to leave the sink after washing my hands to even get up to the counter".

anyone need a do-boy at a fab shop or anything? as for the dew, who knows where it's at. most of the time someone throws them away before you even get a chance to finish them.

Sounds like they're looking for an excuse to can ya...

If you still have a job...

tow the corporate line in public and look for another job on the downlow.

XgeekstarX said:
well i just got fired over not paying for a half drinken mountain dew. the manager goes, "you had a 30 minute window from the time you took it out of the cooler until we talked to you". i told him, "during that 30 minutes i was out putting two batteries in two different vehicles. i didn't even get a chance to leave the sink after washing my hands to even get up to the counter".

anyone need a do-boy at a fab shop or anything?

Did you get to take the Dew w/ you when you left?

XgeekstarX said:
no i didn't even know where it was. i had set it on the counter somewhere to go help that guy out, and i came back in and was told to go home... so i just hopped in the xj and hauled ass.

That's a bunch of crap. Sounds like they were lookin' for a reason. What did you do to piss them off?

Go draw unemployment.

Then your manager is a poor manager, regardless of your friendship. It sounds as if the company you work for has big problems, and is run inefficiently. The question you have to ask yourself is...Do I wan't to be subject to job insecurity, as a result of poor management?

I don't know why anyone would go thru the trouble to fire someone for allegedly stealing a soda in florida....you dont need a reason to dismiss someone in florida. There are no regs protecting anyones right to work.

Now if its a union joint, there may be union hoops to jump thru, but ole joe blow has no rights.

There is another side to it tho....if someone has been working there for at least 90 days, they become eligable for unemployment (of which the former employer has to pay 50%) unless the guy was terminated for a serious infraction like theft.

As far as the alleged soda theft...are you talking about loose drinks in like an igloo cooler or a regular refrigerator??? if they are selling them like that, They need a permit from (i think) the agriculture commision. If im wrong, look on any commercial soda machine's permit sticker to get the right department.

:smsoap: time to round up some buddies find out where some people live and fuck shit up.go find yourself a 100 dollar car and play demo derby in your ex-bosses driveway

MudDawg said:
There is another side to it tho....if someone has been working there for at least 90 days, they become eligable for unemployment (of which the former employer has to pay 50%) unless the guy was terminated for a serious infraction like theft.

As far as the alleged soda theft...are you talking about loose drinks in like an igloo cooler or a regular refrigerator??? if they are selling them like that, They need a permit from (i think) the agriculture commision. If im wrong, look on any commercial soda machine's permit sticker to get the right department.

This is very clutch information to have in your back pocket if your situation escalates to this level. Whether or not they have a permit to sell soda, is very key.

95XJ4.0 said:
:smsoap: time to round up some buddies find out where some people live and fuck shit up.go find yourself a 100 dollar car and play demo derby in your ex-bosses driveway
What are you, 12?

Back