• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

extremely po'd

95XJ4.0 said:
:smsoap: time to round up some buddies find out where some people live and fuck shit up.go find yourself a 100 dollar car and play demo derby in your ex-bosses driveway

exactly...

cuz a recently fired employee would be the last person the cops would look into...

:rolleyes:

MudDawg said:
I don't know why anyone would go thru the trouble to fire someone for allegedly stealing a soda in florida....you dont need a reason to dismiss someone in florida. There are no regs protecting anyones right to work.

Now if its a union joint, there may be union hoops to jump thru, but ole joe blow has no rights.

There is another side to it tho....if someone has been working there for at least 90 days, they become eligable for unemployment (of which the former employer has to pay 50%) unless the guy was terminated for a serious infraction like theft.

As far as the alleged soda theft...are you talking about loose drinks in like an igloo cooler or a regular refrigerator??? if they are selling them like that, They need a permit from (i think) the agriculture commision. If im wrong, look on any commercial soda machine's permit sticker to get the right department.

no, it was the drink cooler next to the register sort of like at a gas station. i just grabbed a drink out and set it next to my station on the parts counter and took a few drinks out of it as i helped them out, then i had to go put two batteries in this guys truck and his wifes suburban... i come back inside and it's like i stole the bank deposit or something.

MudDawg said:
I don't know why anyone would go thru the trouble to fire someone for allegedly stealing a soda in florida....you dont need a reason to dismiss someone in florida. There are no regs protecting anyones right to work.

Now if its a union joint, there may be union hoops to jump thru, but ole joe blow has no rights.

There is another side to it tho....if someone has been working there for at least 90 days, they become eligable for unemployment (of which the former employer has to pay 50%) unless the guy was terminated for a serious infraction like theft.

As far as the alleged soda theft...are you talking about loose drinks in like an igloo cooler or a regular refrigerator??? if they are selling them like that, They need a permit from (i think) the agriculture commision. If im wrong, look on any commercial soda machine's permit sticker to get the right department.

With any luck, it could be something who ever handles the claim may consider a BS firing and sides with the former employee (seen this happen too!)

Time to get yourself a new job....i've worked for companies like that in the past...you should try to find somewhere that has a more mature and professional work atmosphere, instead of people crying about a $1 drink. Good luck though.

Even if they keep you go get a new job you dont want that kind that job if there going to be asshats thats just stupid go find somewhere were the people arent retarded

Sounds like Auto Zone to me. I saw a guy get fired over a 99 cent set of fingernail clippers. LP is no joke. They all roll up in their white ford tauruses. They will take each individual employee to the back and try to get them to squeal on each other. Then some kid lost his job for forgetting about a .99 set of fingernail clippers he had under the counter.

If youre on good terms with the DM that will help. Youre a redshirt im assuming? if so, you are easily replaceable. Not trying to be harsh, I just know how Auto Zone LP is. Theyre shitheads.

advance my man. and i was the retail parts professional (i think it equates to the parts manager at zone). basically i was the lead parts guy in the store. i personally know the vice president for human resources are semi-personally know the district manager (he was really good friends with an old instructor of mine). on monday i'm going to make some calls and see about having lunch with the DM and see what's up.

Well if they canned you over a friggin soda, you're better off not working there.

Can I ask what company we're talking about here? You don't have to post it in here if you dont feel comfortable...feel free to shoot me a PM.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Well if they canned you over a friggin soda, you're better off not working there.
X infinity.

18 months of service vs 50 cents? There's something very wrong with this picture. If they are not trying to pin some of that past loss on you now, that's what you will be missing.

When you speak with the district manager, point this out. He would make a better reference, and really needs to be skeptical of any information he gets from the store manager. I wouldn't work under those conditions, I'd move on.

Over a year of getting to work on time, applying your-self, taking higher levels of responsibility (leadership), without prior disciplinary action? Take the hit now, have yourself established before that inept manager beats you out of a decent job by getting canned first.

JMHO

you could always post the managers name and number at work, and have your internet friends call and speak to him.:callme:

Back